APIs & Integrations

Gattik
Membre

Live Chat contact availability control through API

Résolue

Hello, 

I have a system where the availability of team members that deal with live chat is tracked and I was wandering if I can use some sort of API to update this status information, and turn off the chats if none of the team are available, as well as turn it on if team member becomes available. 

It would also be usefull to be able to check the status of the team members as it is "currently" in hubspot through API.

Thank you,

1 Solution acceptée
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Welcome, @Gattik.

At this time, it's not possible to retrieve or change live chat agent statuses through the API.

While we recently released these JavaScript methods for manipulating HubSpot live chat widgets, they currently represent the extent of programmatic interaction with the conversations tool.

I find your use cases very compelling, however, and will share your feedback internally.

In the meantime, could you help me out and post a feature request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum per these best practices? Upvotes and comments help the product teams prioritize ideas which have the greatest potential impact on users, so I'll be happy to upvote if you share a link below.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
1 Réponse
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Welcome, @Gattik.

At this time, it's not possible to retrieve or change live chat agent statuses through the API.

While we recently released these JavaScript methods for manipulating HubSpot live chat widgets, they currently represent the extent of programmatic interaction with the conversations tool.

I find your use cases very compelling, however, and will share your feedback internally.

In the meantime, could you help me out and post a feature request on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum per these best practices? Upvotes and comments help the product teams prioritize ideas which have the greatest potential impact on users, so I'll be happy to upvote if you share a link below.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Votes