APIs & Integrations

jtiebel
Participant

Linking n8n webhook App to my regular HubSpot account

SOLVE

I'm referring to this conversation here: https://community.n8n.io/t/hubspot-trigger-credential/2053/11

I built a HubSpot App to communicate with n8n (HubSpot Trigger node). When testing functionality with the test function in my HubSpot developer account it works well and I can trigger the workflow node in n8n. That means technically it seems to work properly.

But how can I install/ activate the app in my normal Hubspot account from where n8n process should get triggered when a new company is created?

I tried to install the app with the “Installation-URL (OAuth)”. This works so far as I don’t get an error message and get asked to select the HubSpot account I want to connect with. But when checking my HubSpot account after installation there is no app installed and triggering n8n does not work.

In summary I think it's not a credential issue since I can trigger my workflow from dev test. I'm struggling with connecting the app to my regular HubSpot account.

Can someone tell me how to activate the app in my HubSpot account? Thanks much for your help!

In Addition: Found this article https://app.hubspot.com/user-guide/8336379?code=f3ea8bcc-a65b-400c-88fa-bfdf4b800c42 and as far as I understand I receive a token added to the redirect URL after installation. But I do not know what I need to do with this token… Sorry, maybe all these questions are stupid, but for a non tech person it’s quite challenging to find out how it works…

FYI: atm I use a free account to test. Is such an integration possible in Freemium?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Lets meet and I can give you a hand with that. pm me and I will share my email. maybe we can do a zoom call

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
jakobtiebel

SOLVE

yes for sure. i wrote you a pm.

0 Upvotes
jakobtiebel

SOLVE

If you need help let me know. It's working fine for me now and I also can share n8n codes with you...

sheem

SOLVE

Hi Jakob @jakobtiebel,

Any chance we could get in touch about this?

I'm struggling with the exact same thing: getting a Hubspot Trigger on n8n to execute whenever various deal or contact properties change (I need a large number of different workflows).

I've been reading through forum posts and n8n's documentation, but I keep getting error messages that don't help me much.

Many thanks in advance!

Stijn

0 Upvotes
prosa
Top Contributor

SOLVE

follow step 3 after you are redirected to the redirection page

Step 3: Handle the OAuth 2.0 server response

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/oauth2-quickstart#step1directtohubspotsoauth20ser...

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
jtiebel
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @prosa for this hint. 

I don't understand what to do in step 3 ff.

I have no programming skills. Step 2 seems to work and step 3 as well. I receive th code in the URL but I don't understand what I need to do with it (Step 4 and 5 is a black box for me...). Where do I need to enter the code to receive the token? And what I need to do with the token? Sorry, for these basic questions.. Is somewhere a set by step guide for non tech people? 

0 Upvotes
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Lets meet and I can give you a hand with that. pm me and I will share my email. maybe we can do a zoom call

michimx31
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @prosa , i've the same issue with n8n and i'm still stucked. I want to connect mit HS Dev App (Webhook) with n8n to get noticed if a property changed. Can you help me out? Thanks and BR 

0 Upvotes
AGarri

SOLVE

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you help me ? 🙂

0 Upvotes
jakobtiebel

SOLVE

Maybe, I‘ll try my best.. lets meet to show you what to do...

0 Upvotes
jtiebel
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much @prosa for your support!

Now it's working after activating the app with postman. 

I never would have been able to solve the problem by my own -> THANKS!

prosa
Top Contributor

SOLVE

😁 you are welcome. 

0 Upvotes