APIs & Integrations

mathcee
Contributor

Link properties from an attachment are broken

SOLVE

I'm using the engagements endpoint, and the attachment information to hit the filemanager endpoint for files and getting the file attachments for a given deal.

I've seen 3 different properties with urls that seems to be for that attached file, but, to my surprise, all those links fail. 2 of them fail with a 404, and one of them fails with a 403.

My question is, is there no way I can download those files via API? Or choose to publicly expose them? Also, what is the point of the url properties I mentioned?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response. For some reason, your response was filtered from my inbox.

Thank you for sharing that information. I found the file you referenced and replicated the behavior you've described.

File 19892487693 is "hidden": true, which prevents it from being accessed at public file URLs like https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/...7645/Your-file.pdf.

Per Derek's first response to this Community post as well as @SwivelDev's response to this other Community post, files which are uploaded externally directly to a deal or contact will be hidden by default.

At this time, it is not possible to change a file from "hidden": true to "hidden": false, or vice versa, as indicated in this article. I am sorry if this comes as an unwelcome surprise.

One way to prevent files from being hidden is to upload them to HubSpot's file manager before attaching them to an engagement. See this screencast.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

I reponded to your original post a little earlier, but I'm happy to continue the discussion here.

Can you confirm that your Hub ID ends with 7645 and then share the following?

1. The ID of a CRM object you are pulling engagements from (contact, company, deal, or ticket).
  2. The ID of an engagement on the above object which has file IDs in the attachments array you are interested in.
  3. The IDs of the attachments you are trying to access.

Also, which URL properties are you trying? If you're using this endpoint and the file is publicly accessible, the url field is the one to use.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
mathcee
Contributor

SOLVE

Confirmed. That is indeed the end to my Hub ID.

Deal ID: 374693036
Engagement ID: 3815773955
Attachment ID: 19892487693

0 Upvotes
mathcee
Contributor

SOLVE

@IsaacTakushi Any news regardind this issue Isaac? Thank you

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response. For some reason, your response was filtered from my inbox.

Thank you for sharing that information. I found the file you referenced and replicated the behavior you've described.

File 19892487693 is "hidden": true, which prevents it from being accessed at public file URLs like https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/...7645/Your-file.pdf.

Per Derek's first response to this Community post as well as @SwivelDev's response to this other Community post, files which are uploaded externally directly to a deal or contact will be hidden by default.

At this time, it is not possible to change a file from "hidden": true to "hidden": false, or vice versa, as indicated in this article. I am sorry if this comes as an unwelcome surprise.

One way to prevent files from being hidden is to upload them to HubSpot's file manager before attaching them to an engagement. See this screencast.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes