APIs & Integrations

LyndaLourenco
Participant | Platinum Partner

Link a custom object with another custom object

SOLVE

So I've created 2 custom objects via Resonate (https://www.resonatehq.com/create-custom-object-in-hubspot) but now I need to connect them.

Since I'm starting to use Hubspot and still knowing my way around, I would need your help.

Is it possible to share an example for an API integration that can link custom objects?

Thanks a lot.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Lynda,

I'm not familiar with the Resonate tool, but we also have a free custom objects app: Custom Objects HQ. After you connect your HubSpot portal, you can edit any of your custom object definitions to associate them with one another. When you say "I need to connect them", I assume you mean that they need to be related to each other. You'll see the option in our Custom Objects HQ wizard to create an association between two objects. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
lynton
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Lynda,

I'm not familiar with the Resonate tool, but we also have a free custom objects app: Custom Objects HQ. After you connect your HubSpot portal, you can edit any of your custom object definitions to associate them with one another. When you say "I need to connect them", I assume you mean that they need to be related to each other. You'll see the option in our Custom Objects HQ wizard to create an association between two objects. 

LyndaLourenco

SOLVE

Hi Lynton,

Yes, I meant "relate to each other" 🙂 

Thanks for sharing this tool. I will have a look but it seems pretty good.

Thanks a lot.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @LyndaLourenco 

I went to that site and it appears the Custom Objects tool is down.  What does it give you?

@lynton , maybe you have seen this tool before and can suggest a next step.  Maybe it spits out code to build the schema?

I just discovered this video  featuring the one and only @lynton 😀 Maybe this will help.

LyndaLourenco

SOLVE

Hi Denis,

Thanks a lot for sharing this video. I will have a look and I'm sure it will help a lot.

We used resonate prior I join the company, and now I'm trying to gather more information on custom objects in order to be able to create/edit without a tool, that then can stop working.

Thanks a lot.

0 Upvotes