APIs & Integrations

kjphilips
Participant

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

If I add information to the line items via custom properties does that live on the line item level or product level.

what I mean is
Product has custom property - widget discount = ''

Line item we set - widget discount = $2

does that change the product property or does the value live as a propperty of the line item.

1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

Hi @kjphilips,

Line Items are a superset of  the Product object within the CRM. They represent the product at a deal level. Any modification to a line item is independent of the Product object. This ensures that if you were to ever update the price of a product for example it wouldn't retroactively update all existing line items on closed/won deals.

So in your example updating the Line Item - widget discount property would not impact any Product or Line Item outside the context of the associated Deal.

I hope this helps.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
JLi6
Participant

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

Hey @KellyKM , @PedroLima . Just submitted an Idea Request to add Line Items as a property, please help upvote my idea so hopefully HubSpot will add it in!

PedroLima
Participant

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

@JLi6 thanks for submitting that idea - Line items in hubspot is quite frustrating! I have submitted one related to custom objects too (view idea) if you could please also vote on that one for me. It would be highly appreciated. Even though, I do not know how long it takes for an idea to be delivered or how are they prioritised!

JLi6
Participant

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

Thanks, it is super frustrating but super useful. 

Voted on yours too, sounds like a good idea that should be implemented, hopefully they'll give us an update on timeline at some point... 

0 Upvotes
PedroLima
Participant

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

I would like to know that too. Please Thanks @KellyKM  for raising the question.

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

Hi @kjphilips,

Line Items are a superset of  the Product object within the CRM. They represent the product at a deal level. Any modification to a line item is independent of the Product object. This ensures that if you were to ever update the price of a product for example it wouldn't retroactively update all existing line items on closed/won deals.

So in your example updating the Line Item - widget discount property would not impact any Product or Line Item outside the context of the associated Deal.

I hope this helps.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
KellyKM
Contributor

Line Item Properties

SOLVE

Hi, @jackcoldrick  - to follow up on the first question. Can the Line Item property be used in Workflows?  I am looking to set up internal notifications and having trouble with a workflow to the Line Item.