APIs & Integrations

nick_lanspa
Participant

Limiting fields posted by webhook

SOLVE

I want to pass a handful of contact fields into my product after a hubspot form submission for a trial signup process.

I have created an app that posts the contact scope and is triggered in a workflow by a particular form submission. Everything so far is working, but the info in the contact scope is way too much.

Is there anyway to limit the scope of the webhook to only post a select few fields (the ones in the form for this case)? 

1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @nick_lanspa 

Currently at this time we cannot limit the data that is sent via the Workflow Webhook. When this is triggered it is designed to send all the Object API data that is stored against the record - In this case, it will return the Contact API data associated to the record that the submission occurs for. 

I will do my part though to pass this feedback on internally. 

Thanks!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @nick_lanspa 

Currently at this time we cannot limit the data that is sent via the Workflow Webhook. When this is triggered it is designed to send all the Object API data that is stored against the record - In this case, it will return the Contact API data associated to the record that the submission occurs for. 

I will do my part though to pass this feedback on internally. 

Thanks!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
MBSmith
Participant

SOLVE

The ability to limit fields in a webhook post is critical to the ongoing usefulness of the webhook feature. My own experience in creating an app to handle webhooks found me immediately unable to operate on myself as a test contact with my app hosted in Google Cloud because the data already exceeds 20mb (and therefore responds with a 413 error).

Until this data can be limited, there cannot be full confidence in webhooks working at all. Without this confidence, how can webhooks even be considered a valuable feature?

0 Upvotes