APIs & Integrations

JustinDowty
Participant | Diamond Partner

Latest source/drill downs not updating for API calls

I would like to use the latest source/drill down properties for detecting whether or not an update to a contact record was done by my own integration or not, to avoid circular updates back and forth. I came across this article, and it is recent so this looks to be a new feature: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/understand-source-properties. Through testing I noticed that the latest source/drill down 1 values do not update to Offline Sources/API > contacts-upsert as it seems they should be according to that document. Since this is a new feature, maybe this is a bug report. I am aware that one option could be to pull individual contact records using propertiesWithHistory, but it would be much more streamlined to have the latest source/drill down property update and be available in the way described in that article.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
EDalton6
Participant

Was there a resolution to this? 

0 Upvotes
PSomarouthu
Participant

How did you solve this? I am facing the same now.

LGuitton
Participant

Couldn't make it work either. Here is what I've tried:

- make sure I'm updating fields that are not automatically updated by Hubspot https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/hubspots-default-contact-properties

- go to the properties settings and find the property slug from the URL: e.g. hs_latest_source and hs_latest_source_data_1

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @JustinDowty 👋 I am not 100% sure, and I'd love to try to get us more information. Can you provide any additional details about the following:

• the specific endpoint you are using
  • an example or sample request and response
  • any additional context 

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
PSomarouthu
Participant

Even My latest souce values are set to orignal source value. And after updating them using integration doesn't change the latest source time.

0 Upvotes
JustinDowty

Hi Jaycee,

Here would be a basic example. Using a Private App token, I can update a contact record using the PATCH /crm/v3/objects/contacts/{contactId} endpoint. A sample payload for updating the city property of the contact:

{
    "properties": {
        "city": "Grand Rapids"
    }
}

This will update the city property for that contact. This works fine, however the Latest Source, Latest Source Date, and Latest Source Drill-Down 1 properties do not update. When I check the contact record after updating the record with the above call, you can see these properties not changing, where I would expect Latest Source to be Offline Sources, and Latest Source Drill-Down 1 to be API, per this https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/understand-source-properties.

JustinDowty_0-1661790443383.png