APIs & Integrations

khookguy
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Last activity date vs Last contacted - what's the difference?

SOLVE

What is the difference between these properties? The descriptions are very similar.

Last activity datenotes_last_updated - The last time a note, call, email, meeting, or task was logged for a contact. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on user actions in the contact record.

Last contactednotes_last_contacted  - The last time a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting was logged for a contact. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on user actions in the contact record.

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @khookguy 

They are indeed very similar. The difference is limited to the fact that activity has a wider definition (including notes and tasks created on the contact record) that contact - when building workflows I think there are different potential uses cases for each piece of data. It is subtle though. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
LLinton1

SOLVE

We have Zendesk integration (1-way sync) with Hubspot.  When viewing a contact I see the Zendesk tickets logged as "integration" > "Zendesk"

When I look in the overview for the same contact it shows no recent communication.  Is there a way that we can count a Zendesk ticket as communication?

Additionally, when viewing all contacts and sorting by last contacted, does the above relate to this as well.

To Summarize what we are trying to do at a high level is run reports that report accurately.  We communicate with our existing customer base primarily via Zendesk tickets and would like the reports to reflect that a contact has been contacted anytime we have interacted with the customer via a Zendesk ticket.

0 Upvotes
StaCatS
Participant

SOLVE

In your definition for "last contacted" you mentioned specifically "sales email." can you confirm that this does not include marketing emails?

0 Upvotes
nickbudjml
Participant

SOLVE

Hey hey!
I'll resurface this to ask a slightly more specific question.

"Last Contacted Date" implies the Contact has been contacted Outbound (as opposted the contact has contacted us or replied).

While "chat conversation" is listed, it seems like the only one that wouldn't be an "OUTBOUND" touch. So I

I ask because I'm working to build automation around the outbound work our sales team does to make property updates. We can't trigger workflows off of activity (oof), so I have to make due with contact level fields. So seeing if 'last contacted date' might suffice as an outbound-activity indicator. 

Any thoughts on this?

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @khookguy 

They are indeed very similar. The difference is limited to the fact that activity has a wider definition (including notes and tasks created on the contact record) that contact - when building workflows I think there are different potential uses cases for each piece of data. It is subtle though. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
AnnaSiOS

SOLVE

Hi 🙂 Got the difference between those two properties. If I am looking at the dates, there are activity dates, last contacted and engagement dates - what's the difference between the first two contact activity dates and engagement dates?

0 Upvotes
AnthonyR

SOLVE

Hi AnnaSiOS,

My understanding is that last activity date is the last date and time of a note, call, sales email, meeting, task, or chat by someone in your organization.  Last contacted is the last date of a chat conversation, call, email, or meeting logged by someone in your organization (so no notes or tasks are logged here).  And last engagement date is the last date of one-to-one email opens and clicks, lead revisits, meeting bookings, and form submissions by someone outside your organization.

Hope that helps. Thanks