APIs & Integrations

jgeahlen
Contributor

Landing Page submission source tracking using API

We are interested in pulling out contact data based on source for form submissions from specific landing pages. Right now we are doing this manually by clicking on the submissions (see screenshot below). Is there a better way to do this using the API? 

For each contact we need to know when they submitted the form on the landing page. 

Landing page source data alltime.PNG

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @jgeahlen,

I believe this topic has been covered by Isaac in this forum thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Submission-landing-page-events/td-p/231106.

The tl;dr here is that, while you can fetch analytics and submission data for landing pages content type using this endpoint: Get analytics data for HubSpot hosted content, there currently isn't a way to get all submission events for a form/landing pages.  

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks, @WendyGoh!

@jgeahlen, since I authored that post, we released this endpoint, which allows you to retrieve all submissions for a given form. Each submission event includes a pageUrl field which you could use to identify where submissions occurred.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
jgeahlen
Contributor

@IsaacTakushi does the pageURL give you the URL for the landing page? We need to know the source of the landing page visit (i.e. organic, paid, direct traffic). Also, we have multiple landing pages that use the same form. So we need to be able to determine which landing page they visited as well. 

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey, @jgeahlen.

Yes, the pageUrl field will contain the URL of the landing page or website page where a specific HubSpot form was submitted (or the pageUri value passed through the v3 Forms API).

To my knowledge, it will not include query string parameters, however.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
jgeahlen
Contributor

Thank you @WendyGoh and @IsaacTakushi for your assitance. I will let you know if we have any additional questions!

0 Upvotes