APIs & Integrations

PedroLima
Participante

Label vs API

resolver

Hi Community,

Could someone help with the following problem, please?

I have a form with different labels than what it is on the API.

Screenshot (196).png

I have a workflow that is comparing the name from the labels on the form. However on the record, what is stored is the API (different that what it is on the workflow). AS A RESULT, the contact is not being enrolled in the workflow.

Does anyone know how can the selection on the workflow to be the API and not the label.

Screenshot (193).png

Heres an image of what is stored in the record.
Screenshot (197).png

Many thanks,
Pedro

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
StefaniUAT
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Label vs API

resolver

Hi @PedroLima,

The best way to accomplish what I think you are trying to accomplish is to delete the current properties you have and create new ones with the internal value (what you are referring to as the API) and making the property label match the API and not how you want it to read on the forms. Then, when you go into forms, you can adjust the label per form and it should appear as the API in properties, on the contact record, and workflows. 

Is this what you did or did you adjust the property label in properties?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
StefaniUAT
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Label vs API

resolver

Hi @PedroLima,

The best way to accomplish what I think you are trying to accomplish is to delete the current properties you have and create new ones with the internal value (what you are referring to as the API) and making the property label match the API and not how you want it to read on the forms. Then, when you go into forms, you can adjust the label per form and it should appear as the API in properties, on the contact record, and workflows. 

Is this what you did or did you adjust the property label in properties?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
PedroLima
Participante

Label vs API

resolver

Hi @StefaniUAT,

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I managed to find out why. First as you can see from my last screeshoot. On the "activity timeline" it shows the API, however, when I look for the property under that record it shows the label. Then I thought this would be the reason why the contact couldnt enroll in the workflow. But, The main reason for the contact not being able to enroll was that the   unsubscribed from all email property was equal to FALSE (as you can see from my workflow screenshoot). I really thought false is an empty value.  So for my scenario, I just had to add, Unsubscribed from all email is qual to FALSE or UNKNOWN. 

Usually in the others CRM I have been working with, empty values are equal to FALSE... I just misinterpreted.

I am not sure if it really makes sense. but I appreacite your time for helping me out.

dennisedson
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Label vs API

resolver

Hey @PedroLima !

I am going throw some smart people at this question to see if we can get an answer for you 😀

@Josh , @StefaniUAT , @tjoyce  any of you able to help out here?

0 Avaliação positiva
PedroLima
Participante

Label vs API

resolver

Thank you very much @dennisedson , I really appreciate your help. 

0 Avaliação positiva