APIs & Integrations

lbkulinski
Participant

Java exception/error included in API response

SOLVE

Hello

I've been using HubSpot's custom objects API (https://api.hubspot.com/crm/v3/objects/{fullyQualifiedName}) and ran into an interesting response that contained a Java exception/error. I am using PHP with curl to interact with the API.  The response is as follows:

{
  "status": "error",
  "message": "Invalid input JSON on line 1, column 370: Cannot deserialize value of type `java.lang.String` from Object value (token `JsonToken.START_OBJECT`)",
  "correlationId": "_redacted_"
}

I was able to correct the error on my end, but thought this was a confusing response. I thought I would make you aware of it.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@lbkulinski 

Thanks for pointing this out!  Will report to the team to make the messaging more useful!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@lbkulinski 

Thanks for pointing this out!  Will report to the team to make the messaging more useful!

0 Upvotes
lbkulinski
Participant

SOLVE

No problem! As a Java afficionado I was able to deduce the error, but just thought I'd share. Thank you!

EDash
Participant

SOLVE

Could you please share more information on how you resolved the error? I am getting this same (confusing) error in my PHP with curl attempt to use: https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts

I am baffled as to what is the problem. I have looked through documentation and this forum, but have not found anything that helps to resolve this issue yet. Thanks for any insights!

0 Upvotes
EDash
Participant

SOLVE

Nevermind ... I figured it out. The JSON is simply different in API v3.

0 Upvotes