APIs & Integrations

mclayton
Participante

Java Multithreading CreateOrUpdateContact

resolver

Anyone have experience with posting to the CreateOrUpdateContact web service using multi threaded Java?
I have a few thousand records that take forever to upload due to the API limits.

If I open separate sessions in 3,4 threads, will Hubspot block me? Will there be API count issues?

I'd like to get some feedback before I attempt to multi thread my client code.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
3PETE
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

@mclayton Running multiple threads wouldn't get you around the HubSpot speed limits. Since we are going to track the speed limits by the token and key and not by an individual thread. You would be prone to receiving 429s on different threads depending on which one broke the speed limit which would probably make things more confusing and not speed up the overall process.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
3PETE
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

@mclayton Running multiple threads wouldn't get you around the HubSpot speed limits. Since we are going to track the speed limits by the token and key and not by an individual thread. You would be prone to receiving 429s on different threads depending on which one broke the speed limit which would probably make things more confusing and not speed up the overall process.