APIs & Integrations

DSchelbergen
Participant

Issues with API connection with ScheduleOnce

This is a message for the Tech Support / Developers for Hubspot.

Good afternoon,

Keap Max (former Infusionsoft) has been trying to solve an issue I have with the API connection between my online calendar tool Schedule Once and Keap Max for 3 months now and they are not getting any further.

This morning I was asked by the Keap Customer Success Manager who is supporting me to contact Hubspot for help.

This is a copy of their message and request below:

Hi Denise,

We can’t identify what caused the issues with the API connection without the help of Hubspot. The reason is because they have the developer level data to begin to trouble shot the process. Our API is ready to help, but Hubspot would need to open an API case with us. Please reach to Hubspot to start the process of troubleshooting.

Please share this link with Hubpot if they need to submit an API ticket. https://developer.infusionsoft.com/get-support/

I'm not sure what that means exactly.
As I don't have a paid account with you, I am not authorised to talk to your Tech Support and someone from your Hubspot Sales Team advised me to ask you for help this way. 

I hope someone in your team is able to support with this. 
Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Denise

7 Replies 7
DSchelbergen
Participant

Hi @himanshurauthan 

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I was waiting for some answers.
Yes I think all this is between Keap and ScheduleOnce as well. 

1. Is Keap directly connected with ScheduleOnce ( is ScheduleOnce sending data to Keap or its sending to the calendar and Keap is fetching data from the calendar? )
    ScheduleOnce is sending data to Keap. I am still talking to Keap Advanced Support and they now think that 
    what they sent is in the correct format. 
  2. If it's from the calendar, then do they think HubSpot is changing the date on the calendar?
    Not sure, they haven't told me anything about those kind of details. They person who has requested me to contact Hubspot is on annual leave and her colleagues are not quite sure what she made that request of me.
    Someone else has taken over now and they are back in conversation with the developers at ScheduleOnce. 
  3. Which integration are you using for ScheduleOnce to Keap/HubSpot/Calendar?
    ScheduleOnce is a native integration with Keap. My iCal is connected to ScheduleOnce, so those appointments are all correct. I also have Zapier but I haven't had to use that for any of these connections. 

I am still a bit puzzled what Hubspot's role would have been here to be honest.
    A new Keap developer (more advanced) has taken over my case now and seems to suspect what the problem is.  He is in conversation again with Schedule Once developers, so I'm hoping they'll find a solution for the API issue soon.
    I'm sorry that I can't give you more or clearer answers than this.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message, I really appreciate that.

himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hi @DSchelbergen,

So we should wait for keap advance support to confirm and pinpoint the issue.

Please feel free to reach out to me if something needs to be managed on the HubSpot end.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
himanshurauthan

Hello, @dennisedson thank you for the mention.

Hi @DSchelbergen,

It seems like, this all is between ScheduleOnce and Keap.

Can you please confirm few things from the Keap support

1. Is Keap directly connected with ScheduleOnce ( is ScheduleOnce sending data to Keap or its sending to the calendar and Keap is fetching data from the calendar? )
  2. If it's from the calendar, then do they think HubSpot is changing the date on the calendar?
  3. Which integration are you using for ScheduleOnce to Keap/HubSpot/Calendar?

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
DSchelbergen
Participant

Hi @dennisedson,

Thank you so much for your reply!
Are you working for HubSpot?
Yes it has been a very long process.

More info about the issue:
The problem is the dates of appointments made by my clients in ScheduleOnce and not being pushed through correctly to Keap. 
For example, a client would book themselves in for a Coaching Call on 17 juli 2021.
This is all correctly booked in Schedule Once.

But when I look at my client’s profile in Keap, it has a completely different date and/or year.
For example, 25 November 2022.

So this is the problem. The dates that are pushed through are ending up being completely random in Keap.

Keap Customer Success Manager says that they can’t help with API connections, only with API keys, and they said that ScheduleOnce will probably say the same.
I don't know why that is and who is responsible for API connections between CRM systems and other tools to work, as I have no knowledge about tech stuff.

They haven’t mentioned if this is a general Keap issue or an issue with my account.
I also don’t know if there was an issue with using the HubSpot API’s or if they received error messages unfortunately, nor the API’s they were trying to use.

Yes, I am not sure why they requested me to lodge this with you.
I have requested the Client Success Manager with Keap to contact HubSpot directly with this, as it indeed sounds like a conversation their developers need to have with theirs directly. 

I’m not sure why they requested me to ask you to submit an API ticket to their developers.

Sorry I can’t help you much further than what I shared.
Let me know if there is anything else you need from me.

Thank you and kind regards,
Denise
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @DSchelbergen 

Sorry to hear that you have been struggling with this for so long 😥

Can you provide some details about what the actual issue is?  At this point, I am unclear how HubSpot is connected here.  From reading above, seems like and issue between Schedule Once and Keap.

Did Keap mention if this is an issue specific to your account or something that is a general issue that they have?

If there was an issue with using the HubSpot APIs, did they receive any error messages?  Do you know the api's they were trying to use?

Sadly, it seems like you are unfortunately in the middle of a conversation that their developers should be having with us rather than you....

@karstenkoehler , @himanshurauthan , adding you two to this just in case there is any possibility that you have worked with these companies in the past and have insights. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Thanks for tagging @dennisedson! Unfortunately I haven't worked with these solutions before.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DSchelbergen
Participant

Hi @karstenkoehler 
No problem! Thank you for letting me know