APIs & Integrations

jfeng
Participant

Issue with Form API

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm submitting info to a hubspot form via the API. I've submitted the hs_context field, but page view tracking still isn't working. I'm not sure how to check if I've correctly submitted the hs_context and the hutk parameter.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.30.39 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jfeng
Solution
Participant

Issue with Form API

SOLVE

Thanks. We found the issue actually. We were not JSON encoding the hs_context parameter.

https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/not-able-to-track-page-views-from-my-site-on-contact-timeline-in-hub...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Issue with Form API

SOLVE

Welcome, @jfeng.

I can confirm that the hs_context did not come through successfully, but I unfortunately don't know of a way you can confirm other than observing the presence or absence of values for properties like First page seen.

Could you share the URL encoded request URL you are submitting? The v2 Forms API endpoint you are using doesn't accept raw JSON like the v3 Forms API endpoint, so I'd like to confirm that the hs_context object is encoded properly.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
jfeng
Solution
Participant

Issue with Form API

SOLVE

Thanks. We found the issue actually. We were not JSON encoding the hs_context parameter.

https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/not-able-to-track-page-views-from-my-site-on-contact-timeline-in-hub...

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Issue with Form API

SOLVE

Glad to hear you found the solution, @jfeng!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Issue with Form API

SOLVE

Hey, again, @jfeng.

I forgot about this endpoint, which allows you to check whether the hutk value is associated with a contact record. You can use this to help confirm whether you're passing hs_context correctly.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes