APIs & Integrations

IT3
Contributor

Issue of Update Meeting Webhook in Video Conference Extension

To register the Video Conference Extension, I added three URLs to my app (1392805) settings: createMeetingUri, updateMeetingUri, and deleteMeetingUri, following the instructions on this page: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/video-conferencing.

After creating a meeting via the Extension, my API received a createMeetingUri webhook, which it responded to successfully, and HubSpot displayed the new meeting with the correct description.

However, I tried to update the meeting’s time and topic but no updateMeetingUri request was sent. The same situation with meeting deletion — no webhook was requested.

4 Replies 4
GRajput
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @IT3 

There could be several reasons why the updateMeetingUri and deleteMeetingUri webhooks were not triggered:

Double-check the URL you provided for these webhooks in your app settings to ensure that they are correct and working. Make sure that the URL is accessible and that it can handle incoming requests.

Verify that you have set up the appropriate API calls for updating and deleting meetings in your app code. Check the code that handles the update and delete actions to ensure that they are correctly calling the API endpoints.

Check the logs of your application to see if there are any errors or exceptions that could be preventing the update and delete requests from being sent.

Make sure that the meeting ID used in the update and delete requests is correct and matches the ID of the meeting you want to modify or delete.

Verify that the user has the appropriate permissions to modify or delete meetings.

If you have checked all of the above and are still experiencing issues, you may want to contact HubSpot support for further assistance.

Please mark it as SOLUTION ACCEPTED if you like the solution.

Thank you!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @IT3 

In your Developer Account, where you created the App, there's an error log which is super useful for debugging webhooks and api calls (just in case you didn't already know).

I haven't played with that API but hopefully the logs in your Developer Portal will have some more info you can share?

Have fun

Mike

p.s. thank you for the mention @Jaycee_Lewis 

IT3
Contributor

Hi @Mike_Eastwood !

Since the webhooks for Video Conference Extension are not regular HubSpot webhooks, they are not displayed in Monitoring, including the webhooks for createMeetingUri, which I definitely received.

IT3_0-1679642447892.png

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @IT3. Thanks for posting. Let's invite some of our community members into the conversation. Hey, @Mike_Eastwood @nikodev @himanshurauthan have you or your teams utilized these webhooks? For the Video Conference Extension.

Thank you for taking a look! —Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes