APIs & Integrations

tgurler
Participant

Is there any way to store global settings (json data) of our application at Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi,

We're creating a new application to connect our API's with HubSpot users; is there any way to store our app settings (a small json string) on HubSpot?

Also, how can we get access token at iframe when clicking app button from CRM card?

Thanks 🙂

Turan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Is there any way to store global settings (json data) of our application at Hubspot?

SOLVE

Hi tgurler,

Replied about your hubdb issue on your thread and hope that will fix your issue.

For access token, I found that you want to avoid storing customer information, but I feel that you need to store token related information of the portal.

You might encode the portal id while storing it in the database so that the token details will not be easily available to use even if your DB is compromised.

Thanks,
Himanshu

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @tgurler 

Welcome to the Community!

Maybe @Ali7 or @himanshurauthan could help you out here 😀

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan

SOLVE

@dennisedson I would love to help. 😅

So first of all hi @tgurler. I hope you're doing good.

As far I'm aware, there is no defined way to store app settings in HubSpot, you might try with hubdb if that suits your requirement.

About the access token in the iframe, the buttons that you passed in the CRM card are returned by your application, so you might attach that in the URL (but you have to think about security).

Best Regards,

Himanshu Rauthan

P.S.: If you find this helpful. Don't be shy to take the charge and mark it as a solution. 😅

tgurler
Participant

SOLVE

@himanshurauthan  thanks a lot for your response. Actually, I have tried hubdb; but there is another problem with creating row and loading back. I mentioned at 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Cannot-store-data-on-a-table-created-at-Hubspot-D...

I have only hubspot signature on crm card; is there any way to get access token by using this signature? I don't want to store user details on my end; that's why i want to store all data on Hubspot. If I cannot reach access token or hapikey; i must use another db to save user details.

Best,

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hi tgurler,

Replied about your hubdb issue on your thread and hope that will fix your issue.

For access token, I found that you want to avoid storing customer information, but I feel that you need to store token related information of the portal.

You might encode the portal id while storing it in the database so that the token details will not be easily available to use even if your DB is compromised.

Thanks,
Himanshu