APIs & Integrations

JulienBlc

Is there any action to do with new Google OAuth policy ?

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I juste been informed that Google will stop every access to less secure apps which use only the email and the password to connect. It will only accept apps that use OAuth.

Is there any action I have to do for my team to continue using Hubspot with Gmail when this policy will be out ?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JulienBlc,

Thank you for providing more information!

I'm able to confirm with my team that we 100% use OAuth to connect to users accounts, so if your team has connected your Google account through the Google flow in apps, you wouldn't be affected. 

That said, you may receive an email from HubSpot about reconnecting your account but that's not related to Google removing access to less secure apps that need only a username/password integration.

Hope this helps to further clarify things!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JulienBlc,

Just to clarify, are you referring to these Google updates: 

If so, the only thing that your team need to do is if you receive an alert/email from HubSpot getting you to Reconnect your Google Account, that the only required action.

Hope this helps to clarify and do let me know if you've any questions on this!

0 Upvotes
JulienBlc

SOLVE

Hello @WendyGoh ,

Thank you for your answer ! To clarify my message, Google sent me this message : 

We’re constantly working to improve the security of your organization’s Google accounts. As part of this effort, and in consideration of the current threat landscape, we’ll be turning off access to less secure apps (LSA) — non-Google apps that can access your Google account with only a username and password, without requiring any additional verification steps. Access through only a username and password makes your account more vulnerable to hijacking attempts. Moving forward, only apps that support a more modern and secure access method called OAuth will be able to access your G Suite account.

So I asked myself if Hubspot, used by my sales team, will be turned off on this day ?

Thank you for your answers, have a good day !

Julien

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @JulienBlc,

Thank you for providing more information!

I'm able to confirm with my team that we 100% use OAuth to connect to users accounts, so if your team has connected your Google account through the Google flow in apps, you wouldn't be affected. 

That said, you may receive an email from HubSpot about reconnecting your account but that's not related to Google removing access to less secure apps that need only a username/password integration.

Hope this helps to further clarify things!

0 Upvotes
DeniseD2

SOLVE

I just turned off this setting in my Google Admin to test it in advance of Google forcing the change. I now have at least one Hubspot user who cannot access his account, and we have been using two-factor authentication for a while now. So, I believe there IS something more needed to make Hubspot work, but don't know what. Help?

0 Upvotes
JulienBlc

SOLVE

Nice, thank you very much @WendyGoh !

All the best for you and your team !