APIs & Integrations

jamieroyce-mc
Contributor

Is there an API endpoint to add potential duplicates to Manage Duplicates section?

SOLVE

I have a client that needs help with their duplicates and instead of just preparing lists of potential duplicates, I would like to load these into their "Manage Duplicates" section of their Hubspot account. Is there an API endpoint that allows this? 

1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

Is there an API endpoint to add potential duplicates to Manage Duplicates section?

SOLVE

Hi @jamieroyce-mc,

There are no APIs that would allow you to interact with that specific feature in the manner you require i.e loading or flagging contacts. It's automated in the sense that it analyses pre-existing information stored in the CRM. IT identifies duplicates by comparing two records' names, email addresses, IP countries, phone numbers, zip codes, and company names. Every few weeks, HubSpot will automatically recalculate these results. 

With that said there is an endpoint included within the Contacts API to merge contacts (/crm/v3/objects/contacts/merge) which is essentially what the above does but you'd need to implement your own checks before merging. I've used Operations Hub and custom coded workflow actions to merge contacts, essentially creating my own duplication management within the portal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jamieroyce-mc,

There are no APIs that would allow you to interact with that specific feature in the manner you require i.e loading or flagging contacts. It's automated in the sense that it analyses pre-existing information stored in the CRM. IT identifies duplicates by comparing two records' names, email addresses, IP countries, phone numbers, zip codes, and company names. Every few weeks, HubSpot will automatically recalculate these results. 

With that said there is an endpoint included within the Contacts API to merge contacts (/crm/v3/objects/contacts/merge) which is essentially what the above does but you'd need to implement your own checks before merging. I've used Operations Hub and custom coded workflow actions to merge contacts, essentially creating my own duplication management within the portal.

jamieroyce-mc
Contributor

SOLVE

@coldrickjack thank you very much and that answers my question! I will set up my own potential duplicates checker and use that API to merge the approved ones. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jamieroyce-mc,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any advice.

Hi @LMeert@coldrickjack@Teun@Bryantworks - Do you have any insight for @jamieroyce-mc?

Thank you!  

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !