APIs & Integrations

CVillegasHak
Participant

Is there a method to list a property from companies that lists all contacts

SOLVE

Hello,

We're looking to accomplish something rather simple and are using the API for quite a bit of it, but for one ask we've had we need a custom field applied to the companies that just is a list of contacts. When a user would click on the custom drop-down selection it would navigate to that contact. 

Right now we can create a custom drop-down property and populate it with the API and have it contain contact users, but when a user clicks it does nothing as far as an association. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be accomplished?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

you can try to use javascript to redirect after they select something. but or use the href values with the links and show a different sabel maybe the name of the contact you are trying to show. a regular select box won't do the trick you need to use a selection menu with labels and and a-tags. 

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
prosa
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

you can try to use javascript to redirect after they select something. but or use the href values with the links and show a different sabel maybe the name of the contact you are trying to show. a regular select box won't do the trick you need to use a selection menu with labels and and a-tags. 

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
prosa
Top Contributor

SOLVE

So. if this is for internal use onle you can use the contact vid and populated in the url with the link to a contact profile.

like this

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/..portalId../contact/..contact_id.. /

0 Upvotes
CVillegasHak
Participant

SOLVE

@prosa But the label value would appear unappealing to the users that would attempt to select it. That's why I'm not trying that method and wanted to see if there was anything within the product that could accomplish this.

0 Upvotes
prosa
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Yeah same here. I need more information to help you. 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @CVillegasHak 

Welcome to the Community!

I might be misreading your question. 

Are you having issues getting the list of contacts (According to your second paragraph, you seem to be getting that)

or are you having an issue creating an association?

@prosa , @Bryantworks any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
CVillegasHak
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson and @prosa all i'm trying to do is append a lookup field onto a company that lists all contacts in HubSpot or even a subset of contacts and when users click on it, it takes them to that contact. I already know how to make associations, but I just want a simple field that's a lookup and can't seem to find a way barring importing specific users through the API.

The example is we're a consulting advisor and want to grant users the ability to select a contact with expertise in an area from a pre-existing company. That way if other users come select the contact that was applied to the lookup they can then navigate directly to that contact record and go.

0 Upvotes