APIs & Integrations

KHeinrichs

Is there a log kept of the IDs of merged tickets?

I'm using the tickets endpoints in the CRM API as part of an ETL process that results in the loading of tickets into our data warehouse. I'm using the a fairly standard framework that loads new tickets and updates existsing tickets. I also pull the IDs of archived tickets so I can filter out those deleted tickets in the modeling layer of our warehouse.

Unfortunately, when tickets get merged in HubSpot they get deleted and a new ticket is created in their place. This means that I have those old unmerged versions floating around my warehouse even if they don't exist in HubSpot. Ideally I'd be able to filter those out just like I filter out archived tickets. Maybe the pre-merge tickets could even be archived?

Is there any chance that a log of ticket ids that have been merged (similar to what exists for archived tickets) exists within the API? If not, could it be added? 

3 Replies 3
abiblu
Contributor

I'm upvoting this because HubSpot support told us some of our ticket workflows aren't working because the tickets they're running on are merged. I know it's not exactly what this post is about but it seems to be the same core issue: merging tickets in HubSpot breaks a lot of standard functions. More needs to be done to address this. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KHeinrichs 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @JBeatty @himanshurauthan do you have any thoughts for @KHeinrichs on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @KHeinrichs,

I don't think there is any direct API to get the merged ticket ids.

We can check if any association is there that might help us.

For it to be added to the API, please submit your idea here - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology