Is my IP address causing a very slow API response?

GrahamQC

When I run a python script to collect Deals data through the HubSpot API it is consistently taking 8 minutes and 48 seconds to get a responses from a request that iterates over 5 pages. This happens when I run the script through VS Code and from Windows command prompt.

If I paste the request url in to a browser the response is instant. One of our developers tested my script on VS Code and it took him 4 seconds. I tried the script through Google Collab and it took 4 seconds. Lastly, I turned off my (very good) wifi and connected via a mobile data hotspot and the response was 4 seconds. Which is why I am suspecting something at the API end doesn't like my IP address?

I am well within all the api limits and I can't see anything in your documentation that would suggest why my response times appear to be getting throttled. Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Upvotes

0 Replies

No replies on this post just yet

No one has replied to this post quite yet. Check back soon to see if someone has a solution, or submit your own reply if you know how to help! Karma is real.

Reply to post

Need help replying? Check out our Community Guidelines

0 Replies 0