APIs & Integrations

pawelw

Is exist any endpoint to test if apikey is correct?

SOLVE

I prepare an application to integrate with Hubspot and user installing connection adding apikey. I wont to check if this apikey is correct.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @pawelw,

While there isn't an endpoint, maybe one quick way to test it out is to send a request to get a particular contact via email: Get a contact by email address? If it returns with the contact details, the hapikey is right. If it returns hapikey (xx) doesn't exist, the hapikey is wrong. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @pawelw,

While there isn't an endpoint to check if a HubSpot API key is correct/active, you can access your portal API key under Settings > Integrations > API Key and click show. 

Here's a detailed article on how you can Access your HubSpot API key.

0 Upvotes
pawelw

SOLVE

I want to be sure that the key provided by the customer is correct and active so I would like to make a test connection with HubSpot for verification. Of course, I can do it on any endpoint but I thought maybe there is one empty that will return only 200

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @pawelw,

While there isn't an endpoint, maybe one quick way to test it out is to send a request to get a particular contact via email: Get a contact by email address? If it returns with the contact details, the hapikey is right. If it returns hapikey (xx) doesn't exist, the hapikey is wrong. 

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes