APIs & Integrations

evanDev
Participant

Is any way to resubscribe a contact to email from our website

I have been searching for a way to resubscribe a contact to our email. There is no endpoint to do so. I tried to delete the contact, create the contact again with the same email, and subscribe to email, but the email preferences response still says:

"Subscription {id} for {email address} cannot be updated because they have unsubscribed"

Is there a work around for this, or is the contact just permanently unsubscribed and cannot ever be resubscribed from a form on our website?

3 Replies 3
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @evanDev, thanks for reaching out! HubSpot takes unsubscribes really seriously, so you do need to jump through hoops a bit to get them back up and running.

Here is HubSpot's Knowledge Base article on how to resubscribe a contact to marketing emails.

Basically, the contact either needs to re-opt in by using a previously delivered marketing email from you, or you need to configure a resubscription email for your forms.

Alternatively, you could see if it's possible to get a secondary email address from the contact who wants to resubscribe to emails. You could just create a new contact record for them and carry over the applicable data from the old record.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
evanDev
Participant

Hi Jacob,

How can I send the resubscription email I created? Where can I obtain or how can I generate the link on my website that will send the resub email to my customers?

I've seen multiple threads with 100's of responses and no clear answser. I will greatly appreciate as will many others the answer to this question.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
evanDev
Participant

Thank you Jacob for this information!

I am going through the process now of creating a resubscription email, and have already implemented the code successfully in my application to check and see if the user is not subscribed.

I will keep you posted!

0 Upvotes