APIs & Integrations

Tsteff

Is THIS possible? Track users based on their login data

Hi everyone, 
i tried to find something related to this, maybe you can help me out.Smiley Happy

What i got:

Users can login with their account to a paid membership area on a website. Everything is working fine.

What i want to archive:

User can interact with a personalised chatsystem right in this membership area. Things like polls, personalised costumer support and a help desk will be realised with the chat system. Everything is tied to their unique profile and CRM-entry.

Where is the challenge?

The challenge is to make the tracking based on their accounts, not on their used browser.

Is it possible in any way to archive something like this:

User A is login on any device - Hubspot is tracking their actions and service history

User A logs out - Hubspot stops tracking user A

User B login - Hubspot starts tracking this user and he didnt see anything from User A activities like chats or tokens

Thank you so much for any advice on this! Maybe im just missing something.Smiley Very Happy

Best

Tobias

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Is THIS possible? Track users based on their login data

Hi @Tsteff,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

Currently, HubSpot tracks visitor using their browser cookie and so, it is not possible to track it based on their accounts.

That said, moving forward if you're having a form on the same device (e.g. trade show/fair); you do have the ability to disable the cookie tracking.  

Another suggestion that I'd like to share is to add a person or profile on the Chrome browser - learn more here: Share Chrome with others. The profiles keep all your Chrome info separate such as extensions, bookmarks and history

Hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes