APIs & Integrations

SMP149

Invisible reCaptcha on HS form causes Unbounce submission failure

I have a Hubspot form linked with Unbounce page. One day, an error occurred with this submission error message on UB.

<head>
      <!-- RECAPTCHA_VALIDATION_FAILED -->
      <meta charset="utf-8">
<body>
      <div class="outer-container">
        <div class="inner-container">
    <h1>Sorry. We're not sure if you're a robot or not.</h1>

<h3>If you're a visitor to this website:</h3>
    <p>Sorry. That doesn’t seem right. Please try submitting this form again. If this problem continues, please reach out to the site owner.</p>

<h3>If you're the owner of this website:</h3>
    <p>This form <em>(eecbb34d-64a5-4264-9278-021f9fbf42c9)</em> has reCaptcha enabled but the submission didn’t include a reCaptcha token. If you’ve manually integrated this form, please turn off reCaptcha validation. For more information, please <a href="https://help.hubspot.com/">contact support</a>.</p>
        </div>
      </div>
    </body>

I didn't activate reCaptcha on HS form. How come it shows here?

I found this article and tried to delete follow-up email and it works. But I need the follow-up email.

How can I delete reCaptcha without deleting follow-up email? Why it just happend?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @SMP149,

I hope all is well with you 😄

The form that was discussed over in this article here is referring to the HubSpot pop up forms and as per what Tom mentioned: if you've a follow up email on your Pop Up form, it is currently not possible to disable the reCaptcha. 

That said, when looking at form eecbb34d-64a5-4264-9278-021f9fbf42c9, it looks like it is a regular form and for that you can simply disable the Captca under the form settings. Referencing this article here: Prevent spam form submissions.

When looking at the form, it seems that you've already disable Captcha and when I clicked on share and preview the link on a Share link, I do not see any Captcha option. Did you managed to figure this out and make changes to it? If not, do you mind sharing with me the page in question? 

0 Upvotes
SMP149

Hi Wendy,

I have deleted a follow-up email from that form, so that's why you didn't see any captcha and the form worked properly.

Captcha must be enabled in order to create follow-up emails. I guess this is the reason why form submission failed. Captcha prevents all submissions from Unbounce because UB is an API.

I still don't know how to fix this problem. I still want to use follow-up email.

0 Upvotes
priemers
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Have you been able to fix this? I'm experiencing the same problems with OptinMonster..

0 Upvotes