APIs & Integrations

eredmond

Internal emails: passing recipient email address as parameter

SOLVE

Hi there,

I need help... here is my workflow...

A user signs up and is created as a contact. They are looking for a "job" to be done. My workflow will send an "Internal Mail" to a list of external users offering the "job". These users do not exist within Hubspot. Within the "Internal email" highlevel details of the job, taken as personalisation tokens from the contact, are shared with these external users. The external user then has the option to accept or decline the job by clicking on a link. The first to accept wins the job. (Like Uber) 

I have script that runs to evaulate if the job is already assigned, and if not, it needs to attach the external users email address (The same as the one send to on the "Internal Mail") to the contact. 

My issue is I cannot find a way to pass the external email address or recipient email address in the "Internal Mail" to use as a parameter to then assign to job to.

Challenge: How can I pass the recipient email address in the "Internal Mail"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been stuck here for months.

Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
eredmond
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Connor,

I know I can send emails to people who are not in Hubspot using Internal Emails. My concern was I was trying to pass the email address of that user, as a parameter in the Internal Mail so that it could be used elsewhere in the email. 

But no need to worry I figured it out by using a temp parameter on the Contact and populating the email address in there.

Thanks,

Eoin.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @eredmond , just so we're on the same page, are you asking if you can send off emails from HubSpot to people who's email addresses you have, but do not exist in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
eredmond
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Connor,

I know I can send emails to people who are not in Hubspot using Internal Emails. My concern was I was trying to pass the email address of that user, as a parameter in the Internal Mail so that it could be used elsewhere in the email. 

But no need to worry I figured it out by using a temp parameter on the Contact and populating the email address in there.

Thanks,

Eoin.

0 Upvotes