APIs & Integrations

RERM97
Participant

Integration Podium reviews with hubspot: Webhook

SOLVE

Hi guys!

Hoping someone might have had the same experience as me and share how you fixed it.

I recently bought Podium, which, if you've used it, is a tool to gather reviews online in a faster and easier way.

One of the first things I asked the sales rep was how good does it integrate with Hubspot and she told me "pretty easy, it takes just a couple of adjustments"

They've been asking for a JSON code from my end but I'm not quite sure what to send.

Basically, what I'm looking for is to have a workflow enrolling contacts based on the fact of having a completed appointment (This is already automatic through another integration, this is working ok).

However, the workflow must then send a text message through the integration. This integration is done through a webhook.

Does any of you know what JSON code should be sent?

I'm not a developer myself, and this is one of the reasons why this has been just a little bit more confusing than expected.

I'd appreciate your insights!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
RERM97
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Isaac!

This issue was resolved around 30 minutes ago.

I'm not really sure what they did on their side, but it is working now!

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @RERM97.

I haven't worked with Podium specifically, but I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you need to configure a workflow webhook action to send, or POST, JSON-formatted contact data to Podium. This is easy enough, as webhook actions accept a webhook URL to which they send each enrolled contact's data.

If this is the case, then I'm not sure what JSON data Podium is asking you to provide. If they're referring to a contact's JSON-formatted data (see the screenshot at the end of this article), then the only way to get that to them is through a workflow webhook action.

In order for this action to fire, you must enter a valid webhook URL. Usually, integrators will provide customers with these "delivery addresses" for entry into workflows.

Could you copy Podium's specific instructions into this thread? If they contain sensitive information, feel free to direct message me.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
RERM97
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Isaac!

This issue was resolved around 30 minutes ago.

I'm not really sure what they did on their side, but it is working now!

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out 

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @RERM97.

Glad to hear it!

Thanks for jumping in as well, @JohnEspi.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
JohnEspi
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

SOLVE

You might try the Tech team at HubSpot, if you haven't already. If you want to kick around a few ideas, IM me.

-John

0 Upvotes