APIs & Integrations

LiamBates
Participant

Integration Capabilities with Dataiku

We should have the ability to integrate Dataiku to HubSpot to use the Engagement Data captured within HubSpot. SalesForce and Dataiku have an integration, while HubSpot doesn't. It's limiting our ability to perform some predictive AI around customer LTV and customer churn analysis.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @LiamBates,

While we currently do not have an integration between Dataiku <-> HubSpot, do you mind sharing with me more about your team use case here? Are you looking to seamlessly import HubSpot contacts into Dataiku to perform some predictive analytics?

If so, one other way that I'd like to propose is to export HubSpot's data - Export contacts, companies, deals or tickets > And import it manually in Dataiku, would this work for your team use case? 

0 Upvotes
LiamBates
Participant

Hi Wendy! Thank you for your prompt reply. 

I have spoken with one of our tech leads here and have this for you: 

The Timeline API allows you to return any custom timeline events. At the moment HubSpot does not offer the ability to pull all of the timeline events from a specific Contact through the API. We need access to all of these events (data) in order to perform some predictive analytics with Dataiku.

Hope this helps! While you are correct in the ability to manually perform these actions, a direct integration would allow us to deliver better, faster and more effective outcomes for our business, and clients. 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @LiamBates,

That is correct. While currently we do not have an API to support the ability to pull contact timeline events, the Timeline API does allows you to get custom timeline event - Get Timeline Event endpoint.

As Derek mentioned here,

most of the information that actually appears on a contact's timeline can already be pulled from HubSpot via existing APIs (Engagements API, Email Events API, Contacts API, etc.).

That said, I definitely understand how having a direct integration would be faster and more efficient. If you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest.

0 Upvotes