APIs & Integrations

TRogers

Integrating with a partners CRM

SOLVE

Hi there,

We run a company that creates leads for other companies, we get paid when the lead converts to a sale. Our partners predominantly use hubspot and would rather we integrate directly rather than send leads over email, our own CRM etc...

So what we want to build is an API call that inserts contact into their CRM, and then fires back to us each time the contact is updated so that we have visibilty of the lead status.

We also will need to only have access to leads that we have provided them, not there complete contact list.

Help much appreciated.

Tom

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@TRogers ,

Unsure how far you have dived into the docs, but you will want to start by creating a developer account from which you can create an app.  You will want to get an oauth worklflow set up particularly if you are working with multiple clients.

Once that is done, you will start by using the Contacts endpoints to create new contacts. 

The next step is where it gets interesting and I am curious how @lynton or @tominal might handle it. 

You could create webhooks that listens for  property changes.  Your app would need to filter out contacts that it didn't create.

This would give your more "real time" information, but that may not be necessary.

You could also create and add to a list that you could query daily, weekly or at whatever interval you deem appropriate

Hope this gets your creative juices flowing and I am sure the two that I added to this convo probably have better ideas than I 😀

Happy hunting!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@TRogers ,

Unsure how far you have dived into the docs, but you will want to start by creating a developer account from which you can create an app.  You will want to get an oauth worklflow set up particularly if you are working with multiple clients.

Once that is done, you will start by using the Contacts endpoints to create new contacts. 

The next step is where it gets interesting and I am curious how @lynton or @tominal might handle it. 

You could create webhooks that listens for  property changes.  Your app would need to filter out contacts that it didn't create.

This would give your more "real time" information, but that may not be necessary.

You could also create and add to a list that you could query daily, weekly or at whatever interval you deem appropriate

Hope this gets your creative juices flowing and I am sure the two that I added to this convo probably have better ideas than I 😀

Happy hunting!