Integrating a custom view into Tickets Sidebar

elldoubleyew

I made an app for my team to walk a customer support agent through a decision tree generated in an external API. Currently the app lives outside of hubspot as a seperate webpage that the agent interacts with. Ultimately they are given a resolution code that goes back into hubspot through a browser extension.

I'm interested in bringing this functionality into their tickets dashboard so they do not need to interact with the external application. Ideally it would be in the Tickets sidebar for each ticket, and it would functional similarly to the "Playbook" section that is there now.

I have read the documentaiton for CRM extensions and detemrined that it is possible to display my application through an iframe. While this would consolidate the tools a little bit I would still be unable to pass a resolution identifier back into the ticket this way. Additionally they would be unable to view and interact with the information on the ticket while they are using the iframe. 

Is there a better way to implement UI integrations like this without writing a CRM Extension? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee

Hey @elldoubleyew,

When looking to create a sidebar on object record (contact, company, deal or tickets), using the CRM Extensions API is your best bet here. While they wouldn't be able to view and interact with the information on the ticket while they are using the iframe, I believe we would be able to pass resolution identifier back into the ticket through property. This can be define through the propertyDefinitions fields.

As for a workaround to view and interact with information on ticket while on iframe, maybe users can open two tabs?

Let me know what you think and/or if there's anything you'd like to further clarify on.

0 Upvotes