APIs & Integrations

AJ_DrumFIT
メンバー

Integrating Hubspot and Vimeo OTT via Webhooks

解決

Hello 👋🏻

I'm hoping I can get some insight into a problem I'm trying to solve around using webhooks with Hubspot in Marketing Enterprise. 

Here's the scenario: 

We have a video subscription website hosted on Vimeo OTT that we offer as an additional product to our main website. When customers sign up for a new free trial on the OTT site, their information is collected through a stripe form and stored on Vimeo.

We would like to be able to add new OTT free trial members as contacts in Hubspot so we can enroll them in a marketing workflow.

Currently, our solution to this problem is to use Zapier to integrate with Hubspot to:

1. Catch a Hook (Vimeo allows for webhook integration and sends a variety of information based on customer interactions and events, listed here).
  2. Create a new Hubspot contact
  3. Add new contact to a list (which is used as a workflow enrollment trigger)

Ideally, we would like to eliminate this step and have Hubspot receive and update this information directly... Is this something that is possible? I read through the webhooks/workflow documentation and, based on my limited understanding, it seemed as though Hubspot will only POST information to webhooks. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
AJ

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Willson
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @AJ_DrumFIT ,

I can confirm that your understanding is correct here! Webhooks in HubSpot will only POST information, we do not provide any functionality at the moment to setup a Webhook for incoming data. 

I've taken a quick look but was unable to navigate around to find any relation to Developer Docs for the APIs for working with Vimeo OTT other than those found here, which, appear to only allow for interactions with some of their features. This means that a custom integration may not be a likely solution.

Also, as we do not offer a native integration with this provider either, the only solution would be to work with a connect integration such as Zapier as you're already doing. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
3件の返信
MBrock
メンバー

解決

The last update for this inquiry was from early 2020. Are there any new updates to this question? My company also uses Vimeo OTT Web Hook into Zapier then into Constant Contact list. Is there a way to get this data from Vimeo OTT to post INTO Hubspot using zapier if needed. Thanks!

0 いいね!
Willson
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey @AJ_DrumFIT ,

I can confirm that your understanding is correct here! Webhooks in HubSpot will only POST information, we do not provide any functionality at the moment to setup a Webhook for incoming data. 

I've taken a quick look but was unable to navigate around to find any relation to Developer Docs for the APIs for working with Vimeo OTT other than those found here, which, appear to only allow for interactions with some of their features. This means that a custom integration may not be a likely solution.

Also, as we do not offer a native integration with this provider either, the only solution would be to work with a connect integration such as Zapier as you're already doing. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 いいね!
AJ_DrumFIT
メンバー

解決

Thanks for the clarification, Matthew! Appreciate you looking into this!

AJ

0 いいね!