APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Integrating HubSpot CRM with FreePBX using RestAPI

SOLVE

Hello,

For a couple of days, I have been trying to integrate HubSpot CRM with FreePBX using RestAPI. I searched a lot and found this https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/REST+API. I created API token on FreePBX end and now I am unable to understand where will I find CRM API Settings page or how to proceed further with the integration. Please help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
techextension
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @IsaacTakushi ,

We are providing Integration of Asterisk Based PBX and HubSpot.
You can make call from hubspot using our chrome extension (Click to call), Outgoing/ incoming call popup, Recordlink for calls, call relation with contacts and many more features.

Contact us on :  sales@techextension.com
Website : http://techextension.com/hubspot-crm-pbx-asterisk-integration

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
Ray_
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Daniel,

I'm using the integration for PBXact and HubSpot.  The FreePBX/PBXact CRM module doesn't do much when it comes to HubSpot.  You can get incoming record retrieval though, and manually tie the times to it.  It requires that Zulu UC is running on your PC to work properly.  Go to the extension of the person you want to have the details enabled for when they answer.

(i.e. /admin/config.php?display=extensions&extdisplay=<<USER_EXT>>)

Then click on the Zulu tab.  Change the Default On Call Popup to Link to URL.  Put the default URL in as 

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/<<YOUR_ACCOUNT_HERE>>/contacts/list/view/all/?globalSearchQuery=${CALLERID(num)}

With the fully licensed version, the only CRMs it has natively on PBXact / FreePBX are Sugar/SuiteCRM, ConnectWise, Salesforce, Zoho, and RestAPI.  Using Zulu UC with the URL for incoming and the Click to Call for outgoing covers most things I need at least.  You do have to make call notes to log the calls without the true integration since the record pop-up is a search only.  It's not logging anything when you answer the call automatically.

dandumit
Participant

SOLVE

@Ray_   have you seen this : 

https://www.3cx.com/docs/hubspot-pbx-crm-integration/

talking about CRM integration module it seems that 3CX it's more afordable than FreePBX and it seems that it has this integration already. Have you tested this path?

0 Upvotes
dandumit
Participant

SOLVE

I guess that CRM Link it's about server side integration.  Related to client side, are you aware of any integration between VOIP Client and Hubspot ?  Maybe it's easier this way

Thank you,

Daniel

0 Upvotes
louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dandumit ,

No I didn't. I was just looking at the doc to help this community thread.

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
0 Upvotes
louischausse

SOLVE

This integration will be much easier if you have FreePBX CRM link module 

https://www.freepbx.org/crm/

It provides an API with the most wanted features for phone-crm integrations:

• Call History
  • Call Recording
  • Voicemail
  • Click to Call
  • Call Popup On Inbound Calls

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
0 Upvotes
dandumit
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @louischausse  have you realised this integration FreePBX  to HubSpot ?

Thank you,

Daniel

0 Upvotes
techextension
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @IsaacTakushi ,

We are providing Integration of Asterisk Based PBX and HubSpot.
You can make call from hubspot using our chrome extension (Click to call), Outgoing/ incoming call popup, Recordlink for calls, call relation with contacts and many more features.

Contact us on :  sales@techextension.com
Website : http://techextension.com/hubspot-crm-pbx-asterisk-integration

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @techextension.

Thanks so much for sharing! I hope other users will find and get use out of your extension Smiley Very Happy

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Vicky_Roy,

Apologies for the confusion. The "app" you created in your HubSpot developer account is not where you actually implement code to query HubSpot and FreePBX endpoints.

Instead, as this documentation notes, the "app" is used to identify your integration to HubSpot. The app interface is where you set which permissions/scopes your app has access to and contains monitoring tools for incoming calls.

You still need to build an actual app outside of HubSpot (e.g. on Heroku or your platform of choice) that queries FreePBX's endpoints, parses the data you receive, constructs requests to HubSpot endpoints with this data, and authenticates the calls with your HubSpot app's OAuth tokens.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hello Isaac,

I created an app on HubSpot Developers platform. But the issue is, I do not get the option/menu/link to authenticate using API key or create a contact or engagement or endpoints. If you could guide me how can I do that. This platform seems really different to me.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Vicky_Roy,

Thank you for clarifying.

To confirm, it sounds like you wish to pull call information from FreePBX and then push it into HubSpot to create contacts and CALL engagements. Is that correct?

FreePBX's documentation only covers getting information out of their system using an API key. You can't use the FreePBX API key with HubSpot directly or HubSpot's API key with FreePBX. To integrate the systems, you must set up an external app or server to GET information from FreePBX's APIs, parse the data you receive, and then make calls to HubSpot's endpoints to create or update the desired objects.

In your case, I recommend just authenticating HubSpot calls with your API key; it's much simpler than OAuth 2.0.

Yes, you will need some external app to take in data from FreePBX, and parse it into calls to create contacts and engagements in HubSpot. I don't know what your previous experience is with app development, but Heroku is a popular platform for many developers. Heroku supports the most common server-side languages.

I recommend focusing on reviewing the following endpoints, as they will be what you use to actually create contacts and calls in HubSpot:

• Create a new contact | As long as you know a caller's email, you will be able to create a contact record for them. You can also include properties like firstname, lastname, phone number, and more.
  • Create an engagement | You will probably want to create CALL-type engagements from every call from FreePBX. This must happen after you create a contact record, as you will need to associate the call with the correct contactIds.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@Vicky_Roy,

Please give me more to go on. I will not be your best resource when it comes to specific implementation steps in PBX, as it's a completely different platform, but I can help you understand HubSpot APIs.

What is your use case (specifically, what kinds of objects do you want to sync or do you even want to sync objects) and what is your current understanding of how to manipulate objects in PBX.

I can't advise on how to reach your goals if I don't understand your goals and where you're starting from.

Here are some basic questions to start with:

• Are you planning to authenticate calls to HubSpot with OAuth 2.0 or your API key? See the authentication overview documentation for more information.
  • Are you building or have you built an external app which you will use to make requests and parse responses from HubSpot before sending them to PBX and vice versa? If so, what is the general structure of this app? Is it on Heroku? Is it built with Node.js, PHP, JavaScript, etc.?
  • What is your familiarity with the HubSpot CRM? If you're relatively new, I recommend checking out this overview documentation before diving into specific APIs and endpoints.
  • What is your Hub ID? If you're planning to authenticate with OAuth 2.0, have you created a developer portal yet? What is your developer Hub ID?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

I want to sync contacts and I cannot manipulate objects in PBX

Here are the answers -

I am planning to authenticate calls to HubSpot with OAuth 2.0 or API key. Please check https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/REST+API , I believe the link describes authentication via OAuth 2.0. I have already gone through authentication overview documentation, however, could not find how to authenticate. I can generate API key on FreePBX, but don't know how to proceed further with Hubspot using the key.

I have not built any external app, though I can build one if required. Suggestion would be appreciated.

I am new to HubSpot CRM. I can integrate the available app integration options(Zoho CRM, Sugar CRM, SalesForce etc.), but FreePBX seems complicated. I have gone through the overview documentaion, but could not find anything helpful.

My Hub ID is 5057454 and my developer Hub ID is 5084768.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

That's what I want to learn, "How to connect FreePBX with Hubspot using RestAPI". I did go through manual and contacted support team as well, but was left with incomplete knowledge. I would be thankful if you could guide me a little bit so I can achieve my goal.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Vicky_Roy,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you locate pages or settings in PBX. I can answer questions about HubSpot's APIs, however.

Do you have any questions about how you would connect your external app to HubSpot or use any of our APIs?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes