APIs & Integrations

IIt2
Member

Insufficient scopes were provided

I created the application according to the documentation and connected all scopes in general. I included the scopes available to any account in the scopes parameter in the get-request. Further, I have included all other scopes in the optional_scope parameter. But I still get the error.

Here is the full url of my request(I replaced client_id, redirect_uri and state):
https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/45411707/authorize?client_id=x&optional_scope=transactional-email+soci...

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Kevin-C
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Insufficient scopes were provided

Hey @IIt2 

 

KevinC_0-1709321709480.png

If you retrieve the install URL from your developer account, pictured above do you see the same issue?


Its worth checking is that you're sure the scope are set correcting in the developer account UI, and that they match the scopes being passed in:

KevinC_1-1709321759213.png

 

Finally, making updates to the scopes can take time for the syste to fully update. If you're rapidly testing it might be worth slowing down a little to ensure everything is caught up.

 

Happy to help out however I can!

 

Best,

 

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
0 Upvotes
IIt2
Member

Insufficient scopes were provided

I used the install url and it works, but it doesn't use the optional_scope parameter that I would like to use. The scopes that are passed are strictly as set in the application. The issue is that some scopes are passed in the optional_scope parameter, instead of the scope parameter.

0 Upvotes