APIs & Integrations

Micole

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

Hi,

I found this topic but none of the responses has worked on my account.

After trying to create and install an app I get this message bellow:
"Insufficient scopes were provided. Please contact the app developer"

The first thing I tried was to check scopes in the app settings, thats easy because I only have the one I needed "crm.objects.companies.read".

This scope does also exists in the installation URL:
...&scope=crm.objects.companies.read

The account trying to install this app has superadmin permissions.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

This app does have webhooks into the company object if that helps.

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Micole
Solution

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

I managed to solve this issue, the solution was to remove the app completely and when creating the app for first time add the scope "crm.objects.companies.read" only but manually and not down in the checkboxes.

Micole_1-1670499087234.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Micole
Solution

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

I managed to solve this issue, the solution was to remove the app completely and when creating the app for first time add the scope "crm.objects.companies.read" only but manually and not down in the checkboxes.

Micole_1-1670499087234.png

0 Upvotes
Micole

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

Please can someone give some help on this? I have readed all the related post but no solution was found, tried everything, removed all the scopes, added new ones based on the required in documentation for webhooks, just nothing seems to be working, that error is son generic with no information at all.

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

Hey @Micole,

What endpoint are you looking to use? Also, make sure you are installing the app in your primary Hubspot portal and not the developer portal (as this has different scopes). 

Jac

0 Upvotes
Micole

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

Hi @coldrickjack ,

I only want to have webhooks to send updates from Hubspot to my website. Trying to install it in my account (I dont do it in dev account). All I need to have is webhook triggering updates of Company object, nothing else is needed.

The installation url just doesnt work, I receive that error message saying not enough scopes but no information about what scope is needed.

Am I missing something?

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

Hey @Micole,

I created a short video for you that might help:

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/LX4vCBQCrfNaumPfcNWdR6?

It runs through creating an app, configuring a webhook, installing the app and testing the webhook. I think the issue is that you have not included the crm.objects.companies.read scope (this is required if you want to receive information when companies are created.)

0 Upvotes
Micole

Insufficient Scopes

SOLVE

Hi @coldrickjack 

I do have crm.objects.companies.read included, indeed it cannot be deselected

Micole_0-1670446295930.png

Doesnt matter what permissions I give, I still have not enough scopes.

Micole_1-1670446354705.png

Tried to create new app and do exactly the same you do in your video and still doesnt work...

0 Upvotes