APIs & Integrations

svecp
Participant

Install link copied straight from an app is no longer valid.

SOLVE

Hi, I was wondering if anyone did not encounter same error I've been getting for past few days. Basically, when I create a new app for OAuth2 and try to install into my trial or commercial account, I get following:

Couldn’t complete the connection
This install link is no longer valid. Please visit HubSpot's App Marketplace to install this app.

This, I consider highly strange as I just copy&pasted "Install URL" straight from app's configuration. 

Btw same thing started to happen for existing app, we've been using for couple of years now. New users can't log in due to this error but existing users (as they already have their refresh tokens) work fine.

Any pointers appreciated!

2 Accepted solutions
GB5
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I got this working by changing the scope as mentioned here

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/working-with-oauth

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
svecp
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

As promised, finally got to give it some time.

Already established, this problem is caused by use of "legacy" or "standard" scopes (depending which version of lingo you use) in App's settings. But what of APIs like this one https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/meetings? These only have Standard scopes mentioned in docs. Well, turns out. No additional privileges privileges are necessary and (at least my) App works as expected for both read/write operations on all Engagement/Association objects after I removed all Standard scopes from the app in Developer account. How access is controlled to things like Associations or Engagements? Not idea, just know it works for me with my current scope setup:

svecp_0-1660116691567.png

Fun fact though, not all Standard scopes cause this error as I know for a fact oauth and timeline do not as I tried to turn them on/off when I was poking around this.

Hope somebody finds this helpful 🙂

Edit: Forgot to mention. Had to rewrite handling of Contacts as it stopped working after I switched App permissions. Not 100% sure that was not due to something else altogether - was getting 400 responses. Along with Deals it used to use v1 API, Deals are working fine still.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
svecp
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

As promised, finally got to give it some time.

Already established, this problem is caused by use of "legacy" or "standard" scopes (depending which version of lingo you use) in App's settings. But what of APIs like this one https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/meetings? These only have Standard scopes mentioned in docs. Well, turns out. No additional privileges privileges are necessary and (at least my) App works as expected for both read/write operations on all Engagement/Association objects after I removed all Standard scopes from the app in Developer account. How access is controlled to things like Associations or Engagements? Not idea, just know it works for me with my current scope setup:

svecp_0-1660116691567.png

Fun fact though, not all Standard scopes cause this error as I know for a fact oauth and timeline do not as I tried to turn them on/off when I was poking around this.

Hope somebody finds this helpful 🙂

Edit: Forgot to mention. Had to rewrite handling of Contacts as it stopped working after I switched App permissions. Not 100% sure that was not due to something else altogether - was getting 400 responses. Along with Deals it used to use v1 API, Deals are working fine still.

mushparker
Participant

SOLVE

I'm also having this issue. I just checked out all my scopes and they seem to be fine. I reached out to Hubspot with no luck, they directed me to the message boards. 

0 Upvotes
svecp
Participant

SOLVE

GB5's answer is correct. This issue is caused by "deprecated scopes" defined in created app. Although some APIs don't have "new granular scopes" mentioned in docu as for example https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/meetings.

Working out with Hubspot support what should be done in case one would need to utilise such APIs, will post a solution as soon as I know it in these cases.

dsazup
Participant

SOLVE

Did you get anywhere this? What scopes where deprecated? 🤔

0 Upvotes
svecp
Participant

SOLVE

No idea tbh. Some work, some don't. Documentation only mentions Standard scopes to be deprecated but from my experiments it seems just some of them do not work anymore (authorisation-wise). Well, in my case, just one (contacts). Good question though 🙂

I don't have too broad of a use for APIs I'm affraid as my app only connects data from internal systems augmenting chosen objects (contacts, deals, companies) and notes written by our sales teams. I.e. anything outside of CRM functionality is way out of my league.

0 Upvotes
svecp
Participant

SOLVE

Small correction. Impacted application(s) do not work even for pre-existing refresh tokens.

0 Upvotes
GB5
Participant

SOLVE

What is the solution?

0 Upvotes
svecp
Participant

SOLVE

There is none yet 🙂 just wanted to say, impact is bigger than I thought originally.

GB5
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I got this working by changing the scope as mentioned here

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/working-with-oauth

0 Upvotes
GB5
Participant

SOLVE

Yes. I'm facing the same issue

0 Upvotes