APIs & Integrations

Baduist

Insert data into inbox conversation?

when we reply to a customer through the Conversations inbox, there's an "Insert" link that allows us to add template, data from hubspot, etc.

I was wondering if there's a way to do something like "insert username & password" that will draw the data from our system via API, so it's easilty available for our customer service reps to insert into emails.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Baduist

Yeah that sounds like a viable option.

So I would add data to the contact's attributes / activity, and then I can pull it into the message?

It might be problematic with usernames & passwords though. But maybe just username reminders.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Baduist 

You cannot edit those options.  I do see the value of your idea.  I would recommend adding it to the ideas board.  It is actively monitored for things like this. (send a link back here so it gets more visibility with the community and we can upvote it)

With that being said, I wonder if there is some sort of work around 🤔

Can you connect your external system with your contacts and your reps could then pull that data from the contact directly? 

@jpsanchez happens to be a smarter person than I and may have some ideas 😉

0 Upvotes
jpsanchez
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi Denis and all ;),

Just to be clear Dennis is the smarter ( he master the first rule of knowladge, you need to know who to ask for any question! 😉 ))

Ok, so i´m not sure if y get it well, Looks like you are in a conversation with a Extrange or Contact in HubSpot and you will like to ADD links from your own platform ( OUTSIDE HS).

IF this is what you are looking for. i can guess that simple way will be to push your DATA in Hubspot vía HUBSPOT API FILES  https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/files/files . and use your own Trigger in order to UPDATE IT.  (CRON JOB)

What i´m a bit lost is with the Log&Pass you mention not sure what is the job behind it.

If you give us a bit more info , super happy to help 😉

Best!

JP

😉