APIs & Integrations

louwrenswian
Membre

Incremental sync of Hubspot Associations

Résolue

Hi,

When we are making changes to Associations within Hubspot on a Deal level, the changes do not come through on the Deals API, recently modified endpoint.

How can I obtain incremental Hubspot Associations when changes have taken place?

Regards,

Wian

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @louwrenswian.

Apologies for the delayed response. I do have an update to share:

The engineering team currently considers this expected behavior and has no immediate plans to change it.

The deal hs_lastmodifieddate property which this endpoint checks only updates when a deal property value is changed.

The hs_lastmodifieddate property changes for deals when a contact association changes because there is already a default deal property num_associated_contacts which automatically updates when a deal's contact associations change. Thus, hs_lastmodifieddate is updated because of the num_associated_contacts property update, not directly because of the association update.

In contrast, there are no default deal properties which change on a deal when its company associations change, hence hs_lastmodifieddate does not change.

If you would like a deal's company association changes to make it appear via this endpoint, I have a workaround for you. With your subscription, you have access to calculated properties, so you could create a custom calculated property which reflects the count of the company property Company ID. Since this custom calcualted property will update whenever a company is associated or disassociated, it will also cause hs_lastmodifieddate to change and appear via the Get recently modified deals endpoint.

See the GIF below for how to create such a custom calculated property.

Create a custom calculated property for company association changes.gif

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
10 Réponses
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @louwrenswian.

I've been testing with the Get recently modified deals endpoint and changing the associations on a deal does cause the deal to appear at the top of the API response. As such, I can't reproduce the issue you're describing.

To help me troubleshoot further, can you share a link to a sample deal I can test with in your account?

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
louwrenswian
Membre

Résolue

Hi Isaac,

Here is a deal that you can use to test.

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/5766913/deal/1058359107/

I have done some further tests this morning on my side. Hopefully the below explanations also aid us in finding the root cause of the issue.

When updating (delete and then add) a Deal's Company Association ONLY - it is not added to the top of the recently modified API response on my side at the moment.

Remove Company Association - not added to the top of response.

When doing an update of the Contact AND Company Associations in the same window - added to the top of the API response.

Update of the Contact Association ONLY - added to top of API response.

Remove Company and Contact Association - added to top of response.

Please let me know on this issue and how your testing goes as this does not seem like normal behaviour to me and we need to get it resolved asap.

Kind regards,

Wian

0 Votes
louwrenswian
Membre

Résolue

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Any feedback on the above perhaps?

Regards,

Wian

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @louwrenswian.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I can replicate this behavior. Thanks for suggesting it had to do with companies because I was only testing with contacts before.

It seems that adding and removing an associated company does not update the deal's Last modified date property (hs_lastmodifieddate). As such, the Get recently modified deals endoint doesn't pick up the change. Other types of associations do update the Last modified date, however.

I'll share this with my team so that we can resolve the behavior. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
louwrenswian
Membre

Résolue

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Is there perhaps any way for me to follow the release of the resolution and also is there an estimated time or date available for the changes to reflect on our side?

Regards,

Wian

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hey, @louwrenswian.

I can't offer a concrete timeline, but this is one of my priorities and I will be updating this thread with developments. Thanks for your patience.

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
louwrenswian
Membre

Résolue

Hi @IsaacTakushi ,

Is there perhaps any update on the above? I would really appreciate some kind of timeline at least. As in, this will be fixed in about a week, month, year even on that level it would help me?

Regards,

Wian

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @louwrenswian.

Apologies for the delayed response. I do have an update to share:

The engineering team currently considers this expected behavior and has no immediate plans to change it.

The deal hs_lastmodifieddate property which this endpoint checks only updates when a deal property value is changed.

The hs_lastmodifieddate property changes for deals when a contact association changes because there is already a default deal property num_associated_contacts which automatically updates when a deal's contact associations change. Thus, hs_lastmodifieddate is updated because of the num_associated_contacts property update, not directly because of the association update.

In contrast, there are no default deal properties which change on a deal when its company associations change, hence hs_lastmodifieddate does not change.

If you would like a deal's company association changes to make it appear via this endpoint, I have a workaround for you. With your subscription, you have access to calculated properties, so you could create a custom calculated property which reflects the count of the company property Company ID. Since this custom calcualted property will update whenever a company is associated or disassociated, it will also cause hs_lastmodifieddate to change and appear via the Get recently modified deals endpoint.

See the GIF below for how to create such a custom calculated property.

Create a custom calculated property for company association changes.gif

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
VinayApollo
Participant

Résolue

Is there any update here. To get the opportunity in the recently modified deals api, if there is an update on association.

0 Votes
louwrenswian
Membre

Résolue

Thanks for the response and workaround @IsaacTakushi