APIs & Integrations

AirSkirts

Inbox title for forms submitted via the forms API

SOLVE

Hello,

When a user submits a HubSpot form via our site (using a regular form in browser) the title/subject that appears in the inbox is something like 'Form title name'

When I submit the same form using the API, the title in the inbox shows 'New form submission on [date]' - the name of the form is not referenced, so we don't know what form they submitted by looking at the subject.

I would like the title in the inbox to show the form's name (like what happens when the form is submitted in the browser).

Can this be accomplished?

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

This is interesting @AirSkirts, all of our forms come through the browser, but show as "Form Submission on date" except for our Support Ticket form, which uses the Ticket Property for "subject":

Jnix284_0-1674695503955.png

Are you only using Ticket Based forms on the website? and are the APIs also ticket related, or are they sales/marketing forms?

I'd be curious what your settings are in the browser that is generating a subject line - and hopefully, this offers insight into why your other forms have a generic subject line.

After looking to see if anyone had submitted an idea for this, I found a discussion with a way to do this via custom property, copied here:

Solution:

1. Edit the Form
  2. Include a new "Single-line text" with a group of "Email Information" and label "Subject" (internal name "subject") - You can choose a different label if you prefer, but internal name has to be "subject".

Any Form that has a "subject" Field submitted through should populate the Subject field in Conversation email replies automatically.

This solution should work regardless of browser or API, would be curious to know if that's true.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

This is interesting @AirSkirts, all of our forms come through the browser, but show as "Form Submission on date" except for our Support Ticket form, which uses the Ticket Property for "subject":

Jnix284_0-1674695503955.png

Are you only using Ticket Based forms on the website? and are the APIs also ticket related, or are they sales/marketing forms?

I'd be curious what your settings are in the browser that is generating a subject line - and hopefully, this offers insight into why your other forms have a generic subject line.

After looking to see if anyone had submitted an idea for this, I found a discussion with a way to do this via custom property, copied here:

Solution:

1. Edit the Form
  2. Include a new "Single-line text" with a group of "Email Information" and label "Subject" (internal name "subject") - You can choose a different label if you prefer, but internal name has to be "subject".

Any Form that has a "subject" Field submitted through should populate the Subject field in Conversation email replies automatically.

This solution should work regardless of browser or API, would be curious to know if that's true.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

AirSkirts

SOLVE

Hello! This worked!

However, the form field needs to be submitted as TICKET.subject via the API, not just subject.

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

ah, got it, so it does only work if it is a ticket - that makes sense, I updated our forms last night and it didn't add the subject for a form that came through today that wasn't a ticket.

Thanks for the update @AirSkirts , I'm glad you were able to get it working!

0 Upvotes