APIs & Integrations

Abacus_Cowboy
Mitglied

In Hubspot portal, Showing in proper Visitor name.

Hi HubSpot Team,

I am using Visitor Identification API, 

The below scenario is not working as mentioned,

Log in as the first test user, navigate to a page where the chat widget loads, and start a conversation. Log out, and log back in as the second test user. Navigate to a page where the chat widget loads, and start a conversation. Then, go into the inbox in your HubSpot portal and verify that the chats that came in were from the first and second test accounts, respectively, and that you see the badge next to the contact names for both records.

Steps:
1. 1st test user loggedin xyz@xyz.com firstname is (XYZ) and lastname is (Test) and started chat in conversation.

window.hsConversationsSettings = {
loadImmediately: false,
identificationEmail: emailAddress,
identificationToken: hubSpotToken,
};
window.HubSpotConversations.widget.load();

2. In Hubspot portal i can see that message is perfectly identifed for XYZ Test (Working fine).
3. Now that 1st test user loggedout, in logout i applied below code.

window.HubSpotConversations.clear({resetWidget:true});
window.HubSpotConversations.widget.load();

4. Now 2nd test user loggedin abcd@abcd.com firstname is (ABC) and lastname is (Test) and started chat in conversation.
5.In HubSpot portal, i still see that 2nd test user chat message has recived from 1st test user name i.e., (XYZ Test). ****Issue****

Please help me out second test user should show as per second test username in HubSpot portal.

Thanks.

2 Antworten
himanshurauthan
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner

Hello @Abacus_Cowboy,

Can you please share the complete code, and the order you are executing your code?

As window.HubSpotConversations.clear({resetWidget:true});

should be deleting all the cookies and returning the widget to its default state.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

@himanshurauthan , do you see any issues here?