APIs & Integrations

suryast
Participant

Importing data from Google Sheet to auto-populate Hubspot email content

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried attempting to auto-populate Hubspot email using external data like from Google Sheets. Is it possible for Hubspot email template to import external data directly?

I want to automate the creation of product cards that goes into the inbox of our subscribers. The product cards have information like name, prices and description. Every weekly email is delivered with new product cards.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
khedrond
Participant

Did you ever have any success with this?

I'm trying to auto-populate the email template module fields from select cells in a Google Sheet we use for planning, so the edits just show up without having to copy/paste all our copy that's being passed around. 

I had it displaying data but it was showing the last thing I requested in all locations whereI was calling the function, and now it just has stopped working.

Any suggestions on how to get GSheets cell data to populate into email template text fields? 

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @suryast , I'm sure there's a way to use some type of script to pull info from google sheets to your own server, then create a HubSpot marketing email using the Marketing Email API. I dont' know of anybody or any integration that does this yet, as these endpoints are very new (released this year), but that should be technically feasible.

If anybody has done something similar with the CMS APIs, please feel free to comment!

0 Upvotes
suryast
Participant

Thank you @cbarley. I was not aware of the release of the marketing API. That's very exciting. I will play around with the integration.