APIs & Integrations

JGoldstein3
Membre

Importing call data from a phone provider, Convirza

Résolue

Hi - we have several phone numbers set up on Convirza, and we're trying to figure out how to send that call data to hubspot CRM, so we can track every point of contact for a customer in one place. 

I have a webhook set up on Convirza that sends in JSON, but now I just need to figure out the end point URL, and how to work with that data once it gets to Hubspot. 

My coding experience is pretty minimal, so any direction at all would be a huge help. Thanks. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
zaklein
Solution
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @JGoldstein3 

I agree with @dennisedson. I can't find Convirza on Zapier's public app marketplace. There's a chance they are listed privately, so it'd be worth checking with them on that.

Outside of that, you could look at getting a developer to either:

1. Create a private custom Zapier app that would integrate with Convirza. You could then configure your action(s) using the public HubSpot Zapier app (e.g. "Create Engagement", where engagement type would be Call, in this case).
  2. Create a custom integration between Convirza and HubSpot.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

All the best,

Zach

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
JGoldstein3
Membre

Résolue

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I was able to set up the webhooks between Convirza and Zapier to pass all the call data as a payload. The issue is that the phone calls don't collect or pass email addresses, and Hubspot doesn't let you create a new contact without one. So any thoughts on how else I could import those calls into Hubspot? 

At the very least, I think we could pass a dummy email (like sortme@sortme.com) and then manually filter the calls once they hit hubspot, but there has to be a better way to do that. 

0 Votes
dennisedson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Whoever said you can't create a contact without an email address 🙃

You should be able to do that.  And just to make sure I didn't put my foot in my mouth which happens more often than you would think, I tested. 

Here is the payload I sent:

{
  "properties": {
    "firstname": "old",
    "lastname": "man",
    "phone": "(877) 929-0687"
  }
}

And lo! Old Man now exists in my portal

0 Votes
zaklein
Solution

Résolue

Hi @JGoldstein3 

I agree with @dennisedson. I can't find Convirza on Zapier's public app marketplace. There's a chance they are listed privately, so it'd be worth checking with them on that.

Outside of that, you could look at getting a developer to either:

1. Create a private custom Zapier app that would integrate with Convirza. You could then configure your action(s) using the public HubSpot Zapier app (e.g. "Create Engagement", where engagement type would be Call, in this case).
  2. Create a custom integration between Convirza and HubSpot.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

All the best,

Zach

dennisedson

Résolue

Hey @JGoldstein3 ,

The lowest code way to go is see if there is a zapier integration. 

@Anonymous  might have some thoughts. 

@zaklein also always has interesting ideas.  In the end, you may need to get some time with a developer.

Good luck!