APIs & Integrations

NickLaurrell
Teilnehmer/-in

Illinois Auto-Record

Just found out that Illinois (a 2 party consent state) is on the auto-record list for the call feature (meaning that phone calls are auto recorded.) This is a huge issue for us as it exposes us to direct legal noncompliance. 

Please take care of this immediately. The law has been in place for more than a year now.

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
Josh
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

Illinois Auto-Record

Hi @NickLaurrell,

I'll ping the HubSpotters so they can bring this to the attention of the appropriate people. @roisinkirby @jennysowyrda 

In the meantime, I would suggest turning off the recording feature. You can do this by going to Settings > Sales > Calling > Enable Recording.

I also am in a 2 party consent state and have this turned off. 

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

NickLaurrell
Teilnehmer/-in

Illinois Auto-Record

Gah! Thanks. 

I hate throwing the baby out with the bathwater in terms of calls (our sales team does 200+ calls a day) but maybe we have to for the time being.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Illinois Auto-Record

Thanks for the ping @Josh!

@NickLaurrell I am going to partner with the team regarding this matter and will update you when I have more information!

Thanks,
Jenny

NickLaurrell
Teilnehmer/-in

Illinois Auto-Record

Thanks! I know it's a complicated issue (apparently there was a 2015 amendment that may open Illinois up to being a one party state in terms of phone calls but remain a two party state in terms of in-person private meetings.) Whatever - I wish the whole thing were done at a federal level one way or the other. Until then, we just have to make sure we keep ourselves covered.

0 Upvotes