APIs & Integrations

WelbiPaul
メンバー

Ignoring specific elements from analytics

解決

Hi; we're evaluating HubSpot analytics for our web application. Other analytics competitors have ways of redacting sensitive information from being tracked - by adding a class name or custom data attribute. Is there similar functionality in HubSpot?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
LeeBartelme
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

I'd maybe get more familiar with what HubSpot tracks. Maybe get a free account and create a few pages and mess around with it.

If you throw the tracking code on an external website, there isn't much that is just tracked by default in regards to events. It's mostly page traffic data related to source, sessions, time on page etc.  I'd argue similar to Google Analytics, but GA is more feature rich. If there is sensitive information in URLs, you might want to remove tracking from those pages as I'm not sure you can obfuscate those, but generally you shouldn't be doing that anyway. HubSpot will tie page view information to actual people once it knows who they are. It's not anonymous like GA. So if you have some sensitive pages and you don't want them to appear as "viewed" by a user, probably remove tracking from those pages.

HubSpot by default doesn't do heatmap tracking or event tracking.  It doesn't record partial form fills, or specific page clicks etc. You can add behavioral event tracking to monitor things like that using the features, but by adding the tracking code I don't believe you'd run into any of those issues you are worried about. You could enable things like non-hubspot forms which might have a site-wide undesireable effect in your case. Adding CTAs would track some click information automatically. But again, all of this is added by the user, not something that's just observing and tracking out of the box.

Mainly you'll get page/traffic data out of the box without doing anything.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
5件の返信
LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Can you give an example of what data would show up where in HubSpot that you want redacted? I'm unclear on your use case still.

0 いいね!
WelbiPaul
メンバー

解決

Thanks for getting back to me, Lee. I guess the first question is, after I install the tracking snippet, are events captured automatically? In other analytics platform, when you install their snippet, they start tracking most of the interactions the users are doing - clicking buttons, filling out input fields, etc. As a result, if there are form fields specifically that you can't have tracked, they have ways of making sure that happens. With Pendo, you can add a class `pendo-ignore` to any elements and anything inside will not get tracked. With HotJar and Heap, they use a data attribute like `data-hj-redact` and the same thing - nothing within those elements gets tracked.

Specifically, our software is used in retirement communities and long-term care facilities, and according to our local laws, we have strict rules on patient data. I can't install a tracking snippet without being 100% sure that no patient data will make it to HubSpot's servers. 

Those other analytics platform use a "subscribe to all events, but opt-out of the ones you don't want" model. Is HubSpot a "we track nothing until you specifically ask us to" sort of model?

0 いいね!
LeeBartelme
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

I'd maybe get more familiar with what HubSpot tracks. Maybe get a free account and create a few pages and mess around with it.

If you throw the tracking code on an external website, there isn't much that is just tracked by default in regards to events. It's mostly page traffic data related to source, sessions, time on page etc.  I'd argue similar to Google Analytics, but GA is more feature rich. If there is sensitive information in URLs, you might want to remove tracking from those pages as I'm not sure you can obfuscate those, but generally you shouldn't be doing that anyway. HubSpot will tie page view information to actual people once it knows who they are. It's not anonymous like GA. So if you have some sensitive pages and you don't want them to appear as "viewed" by a user, probably remove tracking from those pages.

HubSpot by default doesn't do heatmap tracking or event tracking.  It doesn't record partial form fills, or specific page clicks etc. You can add behavioral event tracking to monitor things like that using the features, but by adding the tracking code I don't believe you'd run into any of those issues you are worried about. You could enable things like non-hubspot forms which might have a site-wide undesireable effect in your case. Adding CTAs would track some click information automatically. But again, all of this is added by the user, not something that's just observing and tracking out of the box.

Mainly you'll get page/traffic data out of the box without doing anything.

0 いいね!
WelbiPaul
メンバー

解決

That makes sense. Yes, it seems that turning off collection for non-HubSpot forms will do what I need it to.

0 いいね!
LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

It's off by default, so unless you turn it on, you'll be fine.

0 いいね!