APIs & Integrations

tonygoodchild
Teilnehmer/-in

Iframe in a CRM extension card

I have been using the CRM extension API to add some information cards to Companies with no problems.
However I know want to include an image in the card. I can see the LinkedIn integration uses an iframe to load up data into the card area. Is there a public extension available to accomplish this same thing or is that a private API for LinkedIn only?

16 Antworten
sejal_parikh
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello! I work with Hubspot as a product manager, and currently looking into use cases for UI Extensibility for Hubspot portals, and I have a very relevant update on this post.

We are looking to invite Enterprise customers and partners for the upcoming private beta (July 14). This beta enables developers to extend Hubspot's UI for their business use cases, on multiple extension points - beginning with the CRM records page right side panel and a new middle panel tab. Developers can create new CRM cards and card apps with UI components, deploy and host them on the Hubspot platform using serverless functions. These tools involve using a new developer home, development sandboxes, developer projects, private apps, and a growing library of components.

If you are interested in participating in this beta, please fill out this form, or message me: https://forms.gle/5KMV1UUkDHRY58Wv6. If you cannot participate in the beta but still want to chat about it, that's great too!

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
machinery
Mitglied

Is this still available?
The form does not work and we would like to inquire about this beta.

0 Upvotes
sejal_parikh
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi, this is in public beta now. If you are a super admin, with Sales/Service hub enterprise, you can go and enrol your hub using Product Updates > Betas page. Read more at https://developers.hubspot.com/blog/crm-development-tools-for-hubspot-developers-beta

0 Upvotes
januify
Mitglied

Any plans to add an iframe component to the set of components or even allow for entirely custom components?

0 Upvotes
sejal_parikh
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

If you tried to use the form and it wasn't open, please try now.

0 Upvotes
DanielZarick
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi! We'd be very interested in getting access to this beta. We heavily use the CRM card functionality today: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/customer-service/customer-success/onboarding-plans-by...

0 Upvotes
TLee7
Teilnehmer/-in

Any update here? We would love this kind of functionality to create a seamless, one-window experience for our sales and field teams. @cbarley , I realize you're an alumni so may not have access to internal roadmap, but any chance you have a contact who would know if this is on the roadmap?

WorkshopBuilt
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

Hubspot ... can we get a little creative with visuals here? The look is so bland it hurts my eyes. Why not let us add some interest with logos and graphics? If its good for LinkedIn...

nq
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yep, totally agree. If it can be done for LinkedIn it should be opened up for others to bring the same great experience to other apps and datasets that are willing to go through the development effort to enahcne the user experience.

nq
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Totally agree. We are working on a deal right now that needs this for data display as well. Users don't like to have to click, they like to see it when they open a company record. With iFrame we would have formatting options and fit all the information on the screen.

This is where Saleforce still has a huge edge, not only do you have control over the look & feel but also you can have it in the main panel and not just in a side panel. So a lot more flexibility.

Hopefully HubSpot will listen and consider at least expanding to Sales Navigator like functionality (iFrame) to be more competitive when trying to accomodate a Salesforce account ready to make the transition.

MWeinerts
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, this would be a great functionality in HubSpot! Hopefully HubSpot will listen to their community, this issue is open already quite a while 😞

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey @tonygoodchild, not in the cards at the moment, but can pass along this feedback. Can you give me your use case and why the current setup doesn't fit your needs?

0 Upvotes
tonygoodchild
Teilnehmer/-in

Thanks @Connor_Barley,

Do you know if it is in a roadmap at all?
Having it in the modal popup doesn't suit what I'm trying to achieve.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey @tonygoodchild, I can't quite visualize what you mean by including an image in the card -- just so I can see what you mean, can you send me a screenshot of how that looks? With the CRM extension api, you can set an iframe to pop up after clicking on an iframe action, but not directly onto the sidecard itself

0 Upvotes
tonygoodchild
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Connor, ideally I would like to create an iFrame inside the card - similar to the LinkedIn integration (as per attached image).

If that isn't possible, I have mocked up a screenshot of how an image would look. I would want to be able to specify the URL of an image to be shown across the width of the card (see attached example with a map image)

cbarley
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey @tonygoodchild, looks like this is a feature only the Sales Navigator has access to. One thing you can do, though, is create an iframe action (i.e. a button/link) that you can click to open up an iframe modal to show your image. This is the only possible workaround at the moment.

0 Upvotes