APIs & Integrations

JKnowles
Participant

If granting the user with these permissions does not work you will need to give them Super Admin per

SOLVE

Hi all,

Can anyone help, https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/resolve-a-request-for-integration-permissions-error 

This article has a line in it of "If granting the user with these permissions does not work you will need to give them Super Admin permissions to resolve the error." 

Is there a bug in Hubspot that specific user can get stuck without "App Maketplace Permissions" working ? It seems difficult to tell a customer that to get past the permissions issue with connecting to an app they need to make the user a super admin. Can someone confirm if I am reading this wrong ? or this is a known issue in Hubspot ?

Many thanks for any help, 

James

1 Accepted solution
tominal
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

If granting the user with these permissions does not work you will need to give them Super Admin per

SOLVE

I contacted support about this exact issue last month or so. I was confused by the error and it had to be confirmed by the internal team.

If your app is not reviewed & on the marketplace, you would need super admin to link the app.

Hope that helps!

Thomas Johnson
Community Champion

Kahu Software LLC
A Texan HubSpot consulting firm
https://kahusoftware.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JKnowles
Participant

SOLVE

@dennisedson  / @tominal  Thank you both for your response.  To answer the question yes we are experiencing this issue, with a mix of people but it seems just random, but I am guessing some of those users have been super admin at some point so broken through the permissions barrier at some point for intergrations installation. We will push to get reviewed and on the marketplace as the next step and see if that resolves the issue, which it sounds like it will.  Many thanks for the responses. 

tominal
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

I contacted support about this exact issue last month or so. I was confused by the error and it had to be confirmed by the internal team.

If your app is not reviewed & on the marketplace, you would need super admin to link the app.

Hope that helps!

Thomas Johnson
Community Champion

Kahu Software LLC
A Texan HubSpot consulting firm
https://kahusoftware.com
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @JKnowles 

Are you experiencing this problem or just getting ahead of the game just in case?

Granting super admin scopes to a user should be rare if needed.  Instead of going all in with permissions, I would add additional permissions until I had the correct ones.

@tominal what say you?