APIs & Integrations

rahulkdp

I want to associate multiple courses to a contact. How can i do that

SOLVE

Hello Developer community. 

I want to add multiple courses to a particular contact through an api. I am unable to find a way on how to add multiple records against a particular contact. 

Looking forward to hearing from you on how can I achieve this. 

--Rahul 

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @rahulkdp.

It sounds like your ideal scenario involves creating a custom object in HubSpot to store course information. Is that correct?

HubSpot currently does not support custom objects like this. This CRM integration guide includes a description of every supported object and how they associate with each other.

The following objects can be associated with contacts in a 1:many way:

CRM extensions are another option. They can be associated with any HubSpot CRM object (contact, company, deal, ticket) in a 1:many fashion, but instead of living inside HubSpot, HubSpot makes a GET request to a webhook of your choice to retrieve the data and display it on object load.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @rahulkdp.

What kind of HubSpot object or property are you using for these "courses?"

It's not possible to associate more than one company with a single contact, but you can associate multiple deals and mutliple tickets with the CRM Associations API.

Isaac Takushi

rahulkdp

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply @IsaacTakushi 

Will I have to create a new object - courses and the relationship between contact and courses should be 1: M i.e. one contact can have multiple courses?

Is there any better way to achieve this. 

- Rahul 

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @rahulkdp.

It sounds like your ideal scenario involves creating a custom object in HubSpot to store course information. Is that correct?

HubSpot currently does not support custom objects like this. This CRM integration guide includes a description of every supported object and how they associate with each other.

The following objects can be associated with contacts in a 1:many way:

CRM extensions are another option. They can be associated with any HubSpot CRM object (contact, company, deal, ticket) in a 1:many fashion, but instead of living inside HubSpot, HubSpot makes a GET request to a webhook of your choice to retrieve the data and display it on object load.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes