APIs & Integrations

Weezy

I'm trying to find Key Names behind Field names

Exactly as it sounds.  I'm trying to map my fields to those in Hubspot for a two way sync but I'm doing it manually line by line (no open api). Where can I find the key names? 

4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Weezy,

I hope all is well with you 😄

To get a full picture of this, could you further clarify what do you mean by key names and what's the end goal here? Is there a particular object (contact/company/deal) property that you're looking to sync with your external system?

Weezy

Hi @WendyGoh I'm trying to integrate with Map my Customers and that requires that I know what the key names are on the backend of hubspot so I can map them accurately to the fields in MMC. The customer has created custom fields and I need to match those to what I create.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Weezy,

Thanks for clarifying this further!

When looking to get all the contacts/deals/companies property, you can look into these three endpoints respectively:

Get all contacts properties | Contacts properties API

Get all Deal Properties | Deal properties API

Get all Company Properties | Company Properties API

The response body will return all properties including default properties and any custom properties. You can look at the name value as that's the internal value for a particular property. Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
Weezy

@WendyGoh As a follow up to this then, I would like to export a report that has a column showing me the link that someone could easily copy and paste into the search bar and arrive at the company or contact record.  How can I create such a report?  Also- there seems to be variations of the reports that can be created- when one person creates a report it shows all key names as headers and if another person creates a report who isnt' an admin it shows all the field names that exist in Hubspot.  May you help me figure this out? 

0 Upvotes