APIs & Integrations

Mrid92

I have purchased leads from a lead provider and they need information on which API to use.

Good afternoon. I have a lead provider that are trying to send Life Insurance leads through to our CRM. They have the API key but are unsure as to which API to use as per the API usage guidelines as there are so many options.

All we require is to recieve the leads with the fields that the lead provider capture. The landing page used to generate the leads is www.livesinsured.co.uk.

Please can anyone assist.

Many thanks,

Matt

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I have purchased leads from a lead provider and they need information on which API to use.

Hey @Mrid92,

Just to clarify, are they looking to send the form submission data into HubSpot in which this will also create a contact within HubSpot?

If so, I do have a couple of suggestions here that I'd love to share with you:

1. The easiest option here (doesn't require API), is to embed a HubSpot form code onto the page. Here's a detailed documentation - Share a HubSpot form on an external site

2. Another option that doesn't require API, is to use the non-HubSpot forms and for this, you can check out our documentation - Use non-HubSpot forms on what is supported for non-HubSpot forms. 

3. Depending on your use case, if the above options isn't feasible, these are the form APIs that your team can explore:

Submit data to a form | HubSpot Forms API

Submit data for a form (AJAX support) | Forms API

Hope this helps to shed some light and do let me know if there's any further questions on this!

0 Upvotes
Mrid92

Hi @WendyGoh 

Thank you very much for your timely response! I forwarded your information over to the developers at the lead company and I was presented with this response from them -

"Hi Matt,

Please see our developers response. Please feed this back to your provider so that we can get this live for you next week.

“even with the proposed solution(s), there is still information that we specifically need from them in order to progress

1. if we are to use forms api, we need portaloid, formguide, the list of formfields that correspond to contact properties
  2. if we are to use the contacts api, we would need the list of contact properties that are set up in their system

if the use of these apis require credentials which are different to those already provided then we would also need those”

This may as well be in some foreign language for me and you, but please send to your developer and see what they say.

Thanks

Oliver"

As eluded to in the email it is all above my technical ability Smiley LOL I hope you can assist and thank you again for your time.

Regards,

Matt

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Mrid92,

Let's work through the points one by one:

1. When looking to get information of the portal ID, form ID and list of form fields used, these are information that are available on their HubSpot portal.

- The portal ID equals to their Hub ID. This information will be available on the top right of their HubSpot screen:

portalId.png

- The form ID will be available on the url when you click into a form.

e.g. https://app.hubspot.com/forms/{{hubspot portal id}}/{{form ID}}/performance

Alternatively, if you click on share form, the embed code will show the form id. Documentation on how to share form: Share a HubSpot form on an external site.

- The internal value of the form field can be found here: 

formFields.png

2. When looking to get all the contact properties set up in HubSpot, they can either use this API - Get all contact properties | Contact Properties API or view in from their HubSpot UI - Manage your properties

Currently, there's two authentication that HubSpot support - 1. API keys and 2. OAuth. For this, they can learn more here: Authentication Overview | HubSpot API.

Hope this helps to further clarify things and do let me know if there's any other questions on this. 

0 Upvotes