APIs & Integrations

hs_spritle
Participant

I am getting a wrong date while Creating an timeline even for contact using API,

Hi,

I am trying to create a timeline even for contact using API. After creating a timeline I can see a different time showing on the right side with the wrong date (I created activity in 18/08/2020 but it is showing as 17/06/2020). Please refer to the image below. Can you please help me to solve this issue.

date-issue-hubspot (2).png

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I am getting a wrong date while Creating an timeline even for contact using API,

Hey @hs_spritle,

Just to clarify, what's the timestamp that you used to send the timestamp event? 

Additionally, could you share the following with me:

1. Event type ID

2. App ID

0 Upvotes
hs_spritle
Participant

We have not used any timestamp in the event. We have just created the timeline event via the postman with few data to show. In the timeline, we can see the event created time but it was showing the wrong date.

Please find the following details below:
1:Event type ID: 1004695
2:App Id: 185979

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @hs_spritle,

According to this documentation here

If the event timestamp property isn’t being set in the request body, the timestamp of the event will be the time when the PUT command is sent.

In this case, could you confirm that the time when you PUT the command it was 18th July? Additionally, could you share with me the portal ID that you installed the app on? 

For further troubleshooting, could you try creating a new event type (mimicking the previous event type in question) and see if the new event type is working fine?

0 Upvotes
hs_spritle
Participant

Hi,

No, we have used put command on 18th August. We have also tested with new event type but still, we face the same problem. We tested with the portal Id: 7923197.

0 Upvotes
hs_spritle
Participant

Hi Team,

Is there any update on this issue. 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @hs_spritle,

Apologise on the delayed in response.

Could you try another troubleshooting steps by including a currentTimeNow timestamp when creating a timeline event and see if it reflects on the timeline event?

0 Upvotes
hs_spritle
Participant

Hi WendyGoh,

We have tried all the changes you have mentioned. But still, we are not able to solve the issue. So we have changed the workaround by adding the time in subject. Our customers are not satisfied with the latest change they need the time to be changed in the top right side in the contact timeline event. Can you please help us to solve the issue?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hs_spritle @Bernardamus 

Thank you for your patience on this. 

@hs_spritle The team couldn't find the record Testsample you shared originally on this thread, so they had a look to another contact that had the same issue with the contact ID 74851 (HubSpot) within the same HubID. 

Looking closely at this timeline event, we can see that the value for the timestamp property is June 19th, 2020. This is significantly different from the date that's included in the event header (i.e. November 14th, 2020). 

To troubleshoot further, the team is going to need: 

1. You to run another test by creating a brand new timeline event for a sample contact, so we can start fresh

2. Once you have done that, please send me via DM a link to the contact in question (so we can see the event live)

3. As well as the full, raw request body you used to create the event (you can send it via DM as well). 

Thank you 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Bernardamus
Contributor

I see that they are reporting exactly my case... and I can confirm that they introduced the timestamp but the Freshdesk ticket is placed in the wrong month in the Feed, this means that all the Freshdesk tickets appear to be buried in the past.

Can you help me fix this?  I really need to see recent tickets in the proper position in the timeline. 

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes