APIs & Integrations

JenP
Contributeur

Hubspot form - not all fields populating

Résolue

Hi there,

We currently use the 'Enquire Form' on our website.

The Hubspot form is integrated via: Gravity form > Zapier > Hubspot.  Our web developers manage the Gravity form and they organised the it to integrate with Zapier.

Previously the form linked to a Wuffoo form.  We have now swapped this to link with the Hubspot form.

Once it goes from Gravity>Zapier and reaches Hubspot a number of fields drop off. ie: Firstname Lastname Company name Mobile number Phone number Message The web developers said it's either a problem with Hubspot or Zapier.  I thought I'd see if Hubspot could find the issue first before I tried Zapier.

All the missing information does come into the backend of our website, but it needs to be in the form that creates the new contact in Hubspot. Instead of having to manually update the form.

Are you able to help?

Thanks Jenny

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @JenP.

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for sending along that information!

I found the contact created by the form submission captured in the screenshot.

On the back end, I see that all of the fields which have values in the Zapier screenshot were passed successfully to the contact record. These include the city value Bonnyrigg and the zip value 2177.

However, I also see tokens appearing in the place of values for the "missing" fields.

For example, notice that the firstname property has the token {{51602764_First name}} instead of a true value like Tran.

The presence of these tokens tells me that Zapier is improperly taking the values from the Gravity Form and submitting them to HubSpot. The annotated screenshot below highlights this more clearly.

Zapier improperly translating form fields.jpg

This seems to be an issue with Zapier field mappings. HubSpot can't fill the phone,lead_source, and other fields if nothing is sent over.

Other fields likestate orconsidering_purchase appear to be mapped or translated correctly.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @JenP.

I'm happy to help, however I'll need more information:

1. Can you share links to contacts who were created in HubSpot with incomplete information? Please specify which fields were incomplete for them. If they have multiple form submissions, please specify the form name. Is it "Enquire Form?"
  2. Can you share a screenshot of your Zapier settings or mappings? Ideally, I'm looking for something which shows exactly which Gravity field is mapped to a HubSpot property.

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
JenP
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Isaac,

1.  The form name is called "Enquiry Form" and has multiple submissions.  Here is the link to the last form submission.  https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4903560/contact/516551

I manually added the missing fields which are:

First name

Last name

Company name

Mobile phone number

Phone number

Lead source

2.  I hope this is what you need from the Zapier settings.  Happy to send through our Zapier login if that makes it easier.Backend Zapier to Hubspot formBackend Zapier to Hubspot form

Thanks

Jenny

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi, @JenP.

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for sending along that information!

I found the contact created by the form submission captured in the screenshot.

On the back end, I see that all of the fields which have values in the Zapier screenshot were passed successfully to the contact record. These include the city value Bonnyrigg and the zip value 2177.

However, I also see tokens appearing in the place of values for the "missing" fields.

For example, notice that the firstname property has the token {{51602764_First name}} instead of a true value like Tran.

The presence of these tokens tells me that Zapier is improperly taking the values from the Gravity Form and submitting them to HubSpot. The annotated screenshot below highlights this more clearly.

Zapier improperly translating form fields.jpg

This seems to be an issue with Zapier field mappings. HubSpot can't fill the phone,lead_source, and other fields if nothing is sent over.

Other fields likestate orconsidering_purchase appear to be mapped or translated correctly.

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes
JenP
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for helping me with this and finding the problem.  I will now get onto Zapier and see if they can fix this.

I really appreciate all your help and effort to looking into this issue for me.

Kind regards

Jenny

0 Votes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Happy to help, @JenP!

Isaac Takushi

0 Votes